Tuesday 14 May 2013

Todays plan was to ride to Cochrane and back, however, just as we got dressed in our gear, the rain started to come down so that plan was squashed.  Instead I decided it would be a good day to gather together some of the silent auction items my friends have donated.  I started the day out having coffee with my old friend Bernice, who I worked with at Ranchlands for a number of years.  Bernice is an artists and offered to donate one of her paintings.  She came to my house with several beautiful pieces.  I vacillated back and forth between two that I really liked.  When I finally decided on the one I wanted she said I could have that one for the auction and the other one for myself!  Thankyou Bernice!  Next, my neighbour, Marion arrived with a fabulous basket she made up with donations from the Pottery Barn.  From here, I headed to Maureens to pick up her basket which is a fantastic collection of great "stuff" from Hawaii!  More coffee....how can you ever say no to Duane's lattees!  You can't!  Visited some more then on to Corrines to pick up a basket of cosmetic items.  Had to visit some more and was amazed at Corrines story.  Yesterday she and a friend were golfing at Silver Springs Golf Course.  Corrine was on the green putting when she heard her friend shouting.  She looked up just in time to see their golf cart disappearing, driven by two adolescent boys.  The cart was later located in an isolated spot.  The clubs were still there but missing were credit cards, wallets, car keys, house keys, i phones etc.  Unbelievable.  Corrine spent the day at home making many phone calls and getting her house rekeyed.  She called a couple of the local schools, asking them to look at their attendance for the day.  The public school was quite interested, the separate school assured her that ALL their students were in attendance yesterday!  Hmmm....unlikely!  Anyways...a regular little Sherlock Holmes in the making she is!

Also chatted with the public relations people with the Ride To Conquer Cancer and our little team of Honey Badgers may be getting some publicity!

I mentionned to Lindsey that we should publish a list of items that will be at the auction, both to thank the people who have donated or arranged donations and to let those of you interested in bidding know what will be available.  It is a pretty impressive list of stuff.  Lindsey and Geoff have worked really hard on this event.  I am so proud of their efforts!  They should have been event planners, not paramedics.

Here is the list and although not complete, will give you a picture of the work that has so far been done!

Fairmont hotel and golf package/4 rounds of golf at Riverside and two nights accommodation
Twin anchors houseboat rental
RKHeli heli skiing
Xbox 
iPod nano
Pottery barn basket
Williams Sonoma basket
Delta kananaskis hotel and breakfast
Superior propane portable BBQ
Bumpy's gift pack
Crowfoot liquor gift basket
Ramada hotel jacuzzi suite downtown calgary
Dive salon gift card
Mukwah Whitewater rafting 
Larch Hills wine basket
Yonex driver
NHL hockey stick
Maureens Maui gift basket 
Tommy's framed pictures 
Paintings various artists
Avenue Beaty basket
Touch of pink photo session
Teresa's Akiskinook condo rental
Roughnecks tickets
Cosmetic basket
2 carrot cakes from Friends Coffee Shop/Edgemont
Sky Diving Discount
Yoga passes

And much more that we haven't collected yet!  So my friends....I am so excited that many of you have purchased tickets to come to this event.  I am excited to see you all!  I think it's going to be a great evening and I hope to hug every single one of you!!!
Love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment