Thursday 16 May 2013

It's gotta help my golf game!!!
Yesterday was a huge day.  When I got home from bike riding I was pretty much comatose for an hour or so.  Then I needed to get my things ready to head out to Windermere and get ready to meet  the badminton Mom's group for dinner at Earls.  I picked Jenifer up and we headed over to Earls.  It was fantastic to see everyone and for a couple of hours I was running on the excitement of seeing them all for the first time in awhile. However, around 9 PM I could feel myself crashing and looked at Jenifer and said that I needed to get home.  I pretty much went straight to bed and slept like a rock until my alarm woke me up at 5:30 AM.  Geoff picked me up at 6:45 and we headed out to Windermere for an 11AM tee time.  I thought I would play horribly today as I'm still feeling a little draggy from yesterday but my game wasn't bad....in fact all three of us played decently.  It was Geoff's first of the season and he shot an 86 which is pretty darn respectable and Dad and I were on the right side of 100!  A funny thing happened on the tenth hole today.  I was sitting in the cart watching a group taking a sand trap lesson when I felt kind of a poke on my forehead.  Then I heard an drumming sound.  I glanced up and was shocked to see a hummingbird, hovering literally three inches from my face.  I almost went cross eyed looking at him.  Then when we got home we were sitting out in the backyard and a hummingbird went for my hat a second time!  It would appear they like the colour red!  It was very cool!
Geoff and I are now relaxing while my 83 year old Dad, who also played 18 holes of golf, is out mowing the grass, despite me offering up my young buck of a son to do the job!  Kind of makes you hang your head.  Oh well....we'll do supper and then I think I will be in bed very early tonight! The forecast out here wasn't great but today was not a bad day despite the rain predictions!  Hopefully we'll get lucky and the rain will stay away through the weekend.  Fingers and toes crossed!

We did get a call this evening from the doctor in charge of the Vancouver trials and there is a chance that the trial I am interested in may possibly have an opening.  We will probably know for sure tomorrow.  If this is the case I will have to be in Vancouver next week for CT scans etc. and will get started shortly.  This is exciting news!  I have been feeling great but it is hard to just do nothing knowing that the cancer could be spreading.....it will be good to take some action!

No comments:

Post a Comment