Sunday 5 May 2013

Well, exam is over!  Today was definitely the most stressful of the three days.  Psycho/social stuff and some of the stations were pretty bazaar!  I know Kelli is just glad it's over with and I'm sure her fellow residents are all feeling the same way.  They are off to whoop it up tonight!  The end of a long road.... I must say my mamma bear pride is shining.  This past year has been stressful in every way and I know there were moments along the way when the challenges were huge for Kelli.  The BC program was very compassionate and allowed her to do many of her residency rotations in Calgary but it was up to her to arrange them.  There was travel back and forth between Calgary and Vancouver.  She and Mike packed up and moved to Calgary and Mike took on a job position in Calgary.  Then Kelli decided to apply for the R3 program for another year of residency in Emergency Medicine which is a highly competitive program to which she snagged a position out of many applicants.  Add my "little bother" into the mix and wham.....I'm sure if she ever completed one of those stress assessment profiles where you amass points for things happening your life she would probably have scored through the roof!  To say Bill and I are proud of her is the understatement of the year.  Proud doesn't even begin to describe it!  I honestly do not believe most people could have gone through a year like Kelli has  Hats off to her!  She's one strong girl and I'm proud to be her Mom.

It is a glorious, sunny day in Vancouver.  I did not go bike riding today as the seawall was closed this morning to accomodate the Vancouver Marathon!  I must confess, I always had hoped to come out here to run in either the Victoria or Vancouver Marathon!  Always thought I might have one more marathon in me but guess it is not to be.  Running as I used to run is probably a thing of the past, however, cycling is certainly proving to be something I can do!!!  Kelli left early this morning and I spent some time tidying and cleaning up the condo.  I want to leave it spic and span for Maureen and Duane's return in a couple of weeks to see the Fleetwood Mac concert.  Kelli got home around 10:30 or so and caught me lounging around in my PJ's reading my book, something I never do!!  We decided a little retail therapy was in order so headed downtown to scout out the shops and have some lunch. I simply love lattes from Artegianos so we headed over there, bought our coffees and sat in the sunshine and visited and watched the crowds wander by.  We did make some impulse purchases as we always do when we shop here but what the heck!!!!  It's probably goofy to shop here with the sales tax and all but here we have time to do it and it's fun!

The Honey Badgers had their first training ride, riding from Max Bell Arena out to Chestermere and back along the irrigation ditch.  They had a great turn out....almost half the team were there and all survived the 55 km ride!  A good start for what's to come!

Honey Badgers on their first group ride.....










Looks like they even had ambulances out for the event!!!  This is probably the safest group you will ever ride with.....paramedics, doctors, police and firefighters!!!   All basis covered.

  Definitely a scenic ride!!!  Reminds me of the seawall....NOT!!  The only thing the two rides have in common is the yellow line down the middle and H20!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment