Thursday 9 May 2013

I am bushed tonight....but happy with todays ride.  We met Maureen and Duane at the Hoodos this morning and rode along the Westside Road to Invermere where we had lunch and then took the return ride back.  Total distance for me was 55 km.  Maureen and Duane rode further as they rode to the Hoodos from their cabin at Columbia Lake and Bill rode back to Windermere from Columbia Lake making his distance total for the day 82 km. into a headwind home!  I must confess I felt not even a slight pang of envy as I drove past him on the highway home.  55 km was quite enough for this biker chick!

There were several hills on todays route.  In Vancouver I was happy to ride up one hill, today I was tested with several hills that were just as long as what we had done on our previous rides.  I huffed and puffed my way up the hill thinking that I'm probably going to alarm riders on the Ride To Conquer Cancer with my sound effects!  At least I'll have that yellow flag on the back of my bike that tells other riders I am a survivor!  Today Maureen and I were expressing concern that we would be last in and both Bill and Duane assured us that there were many riders last year that were way worse than us and many trickled into camp at 10 PM at night.  I think our goal is to at least be there for dinner, although it might be dinner at the fashionable hour.  As I was riding today, I couldn't help but think I'll bet there won't be many riders who have been through what I've been through this past year!  Maybe none!

I know I have lots of work to do between now and June 22-23 but I am prepared to put the time in!

Todays Ride:

I think I need a snazzy jersey to keep up to these boys!!!



A ride without lunch or a snack and coffee is just not complete.  Here we are at the Blue Dog Cafe in Invermere before heading back to the Hoodos!  A nice break and a chance to refuel and get caffeinated!


                          V is for Victory........end of the ride.  I'm going to sleep good tonight!

Tomorrow we will rest our bikes and head off for some golf!  Golf again Saturday, then back home for a few days.  We'll be out for the long weekend.  Geoff is off and is planning to come out and have me give him some lessons on the golf course!!!  Happy to oblige!

No comments:

Post a Comment