Saturday 18 May 2013

For once the horrible weather forecast really didn't reach it's potential and we have actually had three excellent days on the golf course.  When Geoff and I were driving out here we were seriously wondering if we would be golfing at all, let alone three days in a row.  This morning the phone rang at 9:10 and it was the golf course asking us where we were.  Somehow we had the idea our tee time was an hour later than it really was.  Fortunately for us they slotted us in but it was the mad dash to the course and then right out which isn't usually the best start for me.  In any case the rain held off and it didn't really start to thunder and lightening until the 18th hole.  We were thinking we may have been the last of the golfers to get off dry.  Geoff had his first ever Eagle today, shooting a 3 on a par 5!  Pretty impressive hole!  My game is not really worth mentionning today, however, the story of my lunch certainly is.  We were just finishing the 9th hole and I opened up the sandwich I had brought along.  I had eaten half of it as we were going up the hill towards the 10th green.  I reached down to the cubby hole to retreive the second half of my sandwich and it was gone!  We were out here a week or so ago and a crow stole my dad's bagel right out of the cart.  I looked around thinking that perhaps he had repeated this trick on me but he was no where in sight.  When we reached the 11th tee box, we were standing up on the white tee box waiting for the group ahead of us to get out of range.  All of a sudden the crow flew right over us with something in his beak.  I pointed and said that I thought that was my sandwich!  Well, that bugger landed on the red tee box in front of us and proceeded to peck away at his lunch (previously my lunch).  Sure enough by the time the guys had hit and we got to the red tee box the bird had flown away, leaving only the cheese from my sandwich, confirming that it was in fact him that had scooped my lunch!



Bill arrived this afternoon and is doing some plumbing work for my Dad.  We are hoping to get a game in tomorrow before heading to Vancouver.  Packing lots of play time in before the next chapter of my life begins.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie, Just catching up on your adventures...My god, I am exhausted just reading what you get done in a week! You are the most inspiring woman and I am thrilled that you are getting some new chances in the Vancouver Trials - happy trails and I hope to get one of those hugs next Saturday night at Schanks.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete