Friday 24 May 2013

A busy day of running around getting things done.  Started out with the most important stuff, a pedicure!  If I'm going to be laying there getting chemo looking at my toes they had better look good!  Also had to look after Boomer's grooming needs (not his idea).  Took him once again to Pet Smart mostly because it's cheap and I didn't have time to do the dog wash thing myself today.  The grooming salon is at the back of the store so the poor guy had to endure further torture by having to walk by all kinds of treats and toys on the way to his "spa experience".  The girl at the counter asked if I would like the upgraded package.  For $15 more he would get his teeth brushed, his breath freshened, apple/oatmeal shampoo (which is very soothing to the skin), cologne and a bandanna.  Nope.....just the basic package is torture enough.  Wash, nails and ears!  Good enough!  I was told to pick him up in four hours.  I said I'd like to come earlier but was informed that they needed to brush him out and couldn't do it until he was dry and they would call me when he was ready.  When I arrived later in the afternoon to pick him up the girl at the reception told another girl that "Boomers Mom" was here and could she bring him out.  The back door opened up and out he came full boar, skidding as he rounded the corner, legs going spread eagle on the linoleum floor in all four directions!  His face said it all....."Get me out of here!!!"  Poor guy but he does look and smell much better. I know he does not think he should be subjected to this kind of treatment.  He is not like the other pooches getting fancy hair dos etc.  In fact, as I was waiting I heard the receptionist call one owner to inform her that "Miss Alaska" was ready for pickup!  Just the name says it all.  In any case, if we are going to be living in the close quarters of the fifth wheel for the next month it's kind of important he be clean!  The trouble will be keeping him that way!  Not likely going to happen but it will be nice for a few days anyways!

Did a little birthday shopping, picked up my Dad's mail, got some heart worm medication and picked up a few other odds and sods. In between all of this I managed to meet up with Geoff and Lindsey for lunch.  They seem to be pretty organized for tomorrow nights event!  We are all so overwhelmed by the support we have had.  Thankyou again to everyone who has contributed by buying tickets, donating items, sponsoring riders or by joining the ride!!  One quick question.....is there anyone out there who has an old driver (golf) that they wouldn't mind lending for the event?  We don't want a driver that you use but I know many people have old clubs in their basement collecting dust.  If you have one you wouldn't mind being used for the longest drive event could you please bring it tomorrow night?  Schanks does have a left handed driver but all their right handed drivers are "broken" which tells me you don't want to have your good driver there for use!  I know mine is staying home in it's bag! So.....see you tomorrow! Should be a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment