Saturday 4 May 2013

I gotta say....Vancouver is a beautiful city when the sun shines and shine it did today!  Kelli headed off to her exam this morning and I pulled on my bike shorts to head out for a ride. Yesterday I had posted that I would be riding the Seawall, while my fellow Honey Badgers would be riding the irrigation ditch out to Chestermere.   I checked my email and had one from a friend (and former student) that read....."Oh man....take your phone...or at least money for a cab! Good luck!" and a second from my dear daughter-in-law..."Wow...you make our ride sound exciting!  Riding a ditch!"  A little sour grapes girls!   I guess I deserved it though!   I actually did heed Danielles' advice and had both my phone and my wallet in my backpack! And Lindsey.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder!  I know I have directional issues and I would be lying if I said today was just a straight forward ride.  I did take a couple of wrong turns along the way, I did crash and fall off my bike at one point.....in front of a whole group of people, I did go further than I intended due to missing a turn, however,  I had a wonderful day and rode for about 3.5 hours which I was pretty pleased with.  I'm impressed with my new bike shorts.  I have had little or no issues with a sore bum at this point!

My hat is off to the people who live in this city.  They certainly do get out en mass to enjoy a great day.  The paths along the ocean were teaming with people riding bikes, walking, rollerblading, skateboarding, dog walking etc.  The beaches were full of people playing frisbee, building sand castles and just enjoying a great day!  Each time I have been to Vancouver I have noticed that people in this city do appreciate the outdoors and do take advantage of the beautiful place they live in.

I took my camera along with me today to take a couple of pictures along the way.  There is such a sense of springtime here......and believe me when you have been deprived for as long as we Calgarians have, you just want to soak it all in!
There are baby geese everywhere.  I couldn't resist stopping to take some pictures of this little guys family.
There were 15 goslings in this group!  Busy Mom and Dad and they sure had their eye on me as I tried to get as close as possible to take a photo.  When Dad flapped his wings and hissed at me I made a hasty retreat!  Not the friendliest birds!

Kelli still not back from her exam and I am anxious to hear how it went.  They are told to come with no computers, no phones etc.  Yesterday one of the girls writing the exam forgot her phone in her pocket and it rang during the exam.  If this happens you have to be reported to the College of Physicians.  Guess who was calling.....her Mom to see how she had done!  Sounds like something I would do!


No comments:

Post a Comment