Monday 6 May 2013

A long day of travel today from Vancouver to Windermere.  Kelli and her group were set to party after three grueling days of exams.  She didn't get home until 5:30 AM and we were up getting packed to go by 7 AM.  Strapping our bikes onto the bike rack was a bit of a challenge but honestly, if you have enough bungie cords anything is possible!

Kelli drove us out of the city and to Hope and then I took over.  It was a lovely day for a drive and we stopped at Dutchmans Dairy in Sicamous to refuel, a favourite stop when we drive through that neck of the woods.  The icecream cones were delicious and the cows super friendly!






Continued on to Windermere without incident (well, not entirely true....we managed to take a rock in the windshield of Kelli's new car which is a bummer).  Hopefully a little filler will do the trick and we will take it in to the shop and get that done tomorrow.

Now off to bed.  Kelli and Mike both work tomorrow.....Dad and I have a tee time!  Finally I will get to play golf in my shorts!!!

I have pretty much conceded that I am not going to pass Jeff on the fundraising front for the Ride To Conquer Cancer.  He is slowly pulling away from me and has done an amazing job of fundraising.  The Honey Badgers are lucky to have him!  I think I have received donations from pretty much everyone I know....and I thank each of you for your generous spirits!  I know we all have our causes that we support and I thank you for making our cause yours this year (and for many for making our cause yours for the second year in a row.)  You will never truly know how much your support has meant to every single one of us!  A million thankyous do not seem enough!

Not sure when the trials will start.  Hopefully within the next couple of weeks....so my motto between now and then will be to play hard and live large!!!  And ride that bike!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment