Wednesday 8 May 2013

Wow....it seems like we skipped spring and went straight to summer.

Dad and I headed out to Riverside for a round of golf this morning.  Had another really good game and even shot another birdie!  Todays score....94!  I'm not sure what's going on but I suspect I have low expectations and consequently am more relaxed in my play!  I'm certainly not complaining though but do realize that this good streak could and probably will come to a grinding halt!  That's golf!  Just when you start to think you're getting better at it, the wheels can fall off totally!

Bill arrived tonight.  We are doing a bike ride tomorrow with Maureen and Duane.  I think I heard the number 63 km thrown about.  Not sure if I'm up to that yet but will certainly give it a shot!

I better take this opportunity to crow a little as who knows how long I will be in crowing position, but as of this morning I was actually ahead of Jeff in the fundraising department.  Yahoo....thankyou friends and family who stepped up and fed my competitive spirit.  I know some of you are just shaking your heads and saying...."We knew she would find a way to turn this into a competition....."  True enough.  I'm realistic enough to know that I won't be competitive on the ride but I'm sure going to give the fundraising a go!

Today I had a call from the clinical trials people in Edmonton and now have an appointment to see them in a couple of weeks.  I'm trying to keep all my options open at the moment but honestly when it comes down to it I'm really hoping that someone is going to advise me on the best way to go.  Right now we're just testing the waters but I know that soon decisions are going to have to be made.


No comments:

Post a Comment