Tuesday 7 May 2013

A year ago tomorrow I was in Mexico celebrating Geoff and Lindseys wedding!  I can hardly believe a year has gone by.  I just completed an email to my friend Sandy who is awaiting a lung transplant in Edmonton.  She just had her feeding tube removed and I commented that that is truly a cause for celebration.  Even now, I can't believe I travelled to Mexico with my cans of Ensure and all my feeding paraphernalia.  There were many moments when I was in the hospital, post surgery, that even I secretly wondered if I was going to be there.  I kept up a brave front insisting I would be there but even I knew this was an ambitious goal.  Happily I was there!  To be part of such a special day was a gift I will forever treasure.  Dancing with my dear son is something I will forever hold close to my heart.  We love Lindsey!  She has become an important member of our family!  Geoff and Lindsey live life to the max.  They enjoy their friends, they love their families, they celebrate anything worth celebrating and they love to do things together!  I once told Lindsey if we were a culture that arranged marriages, I would pick her for Geoff!  Congratulations on your first year wedding anniversary my darlings.  I wish you a lifetime of happiness together!







It was a beautiful day in the Windermere Valley today.  Kelli had to go to work, poor girl.  Mike headed out to do some mountain biking and Dad and I hit the links.  I had a great day today.  Best score  of the season so far....95 and I even had my first birdie of the season on hole 10.  Pretty happy with how I played today.  We have been riding the entire eighteen as of late.  Dad is having some issues with his hip (perhaps too much tennis????? but then don't most 83 year olds play three hours of tennis at a crack!)  Although I think walking the front is good for me, I have to concede that I actually don't tire as much and play better using the cart.  Bill is coming out tomorrow and we will get in a couple of days of play while he is here as well as a bike ride.

Got a message from my friend Jeff White (I mentionned him in yesterdays blog and conceeded that he was going to be the top fundraiser for the Honey Badgers.)  His response...." Let's go for $7500 each....we can do it."  That's Jeff for you!  Always pushing you to set goals and go for them!   So if there is anyone out there who wants to help me reach this lofty goal I'd be most grateful.  As I said yesterday though, most of my friends and family have already supported me, either through a donation to the ride or by purchasing tickets to the Honey Badgers Silent Auction.  I believe I have tapped out!  If by some chance I've missed anyone though.....





1 comment:

  1. Marcia Jackson13 May 2013 at 16:23

    Me...you missed me!!!! Actually...you didn't miss me...I was away for six weeks and just got back to reading your blogs! I see alot has happened in the last few months. I am very upset to see that your cancer is back but I know you are a fighter and that you will beat it! You are an amazing person, Leslie, with an absolutely amazing family!! I love your stories, your optimism and your sense of humour! You make me laugh and you make me cry (often in the same paragraph). I will be reading your blogs and watching you training regime (by the way...I just got an electric bike for Mother's Day)...how lazy am I!!! Go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete