Friday 3 May 2013




A pretty laid back day today.  Maureen headed back to Calgary and hubby!  She and Duane have been so good to me....well, Maureen has been good to me for the past 45 years!  Staying in their place here in Vancouver has been such a treat and getting to spend some time together over the past couple of days has also been wonderful!

This is the view from Maureen and Duane's condo!!!  Absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!!


 Kelli wrote the first part of her exam today.  She left the house at 6:45 AM and still isn't back and it's 4:30.  I just got a text, however...."I survived!  Will be home for supper!"  Survival's a good thing!  Anxious to hear how it went though!

It is absolutely gorgeous here today.  I spent my day wandering up and down Granville Ave.   Did a little shopping....only looking today and lots of people watching.  It is a great place for that let me tell you!  It was just lovely to sit out in the sunshine and enjoy the day.

I decided that I would skip the bike riding today but may venture out on my own tomorrow.  Hopefully  I won't get lost but I won't hold my breath on that one, that's for sure.  My track record speaks for itself!    I finished my book today, 419.  My friend Judy recommended it.  It is quite a good read!  Enjoyed it.  If you are looking for something a little different give this one a go.  The interesting part is that some of the book takes place in Calgary. It's weird to be reading a book and seeing referrals to Ogden Road, or Crowchild Trail, or North Hill Mall....In any case a page turner that seems to have about 3 different story lines happening and you are constantly wondering how it's all going to tie together.  After I finished the book I decided to buy a new book for my Kindle.  Ordered it and got the confirmation that it had been sent but then it didn't show up on my Kindle.  Decided to call Amazon so looked them up on the internet.  Under contact it had two choices.....1.  contact me in five minutes
2.  Contact me now.  I clicked on call me now and almost instantly my phone rang.  Amazing service.  Got the issue sorted out.....I'll tell you Amazon should be the poster child for customer service!

Just had a text from Kelli   "Exam went well!"  Yahoo!  We will go out and celebrate part 1 being over!  one down, two to go!!!

Have been chatting back and forth with my pal Kathy today.  She adopted a three year old lab a couple of weeks ago.  He seems to have "separation anxiety."  Howls and barks whenever left alone.  If anyone out there has experienced this with their dog, tips would be most appreciated on how to help.  I did read up on it on the internet this morning and there were some very good suggestions there which I forwarded on to Kath but know she is at her wits end as to what to do for this guy who doesn't want to be left home alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment