Thursday 23 May 2013

       "THE RACE IS NOT FOR THE SWIFT, NOR THE BATTLE FOR THE STRONG.  
                                              IT IS FOR THE ONE WHO ENDURES!"

Spent last night at the lake with Dad and Kelli.  We packed everthing up this morning and headed home to Calgary.  The next few days will be a whirlwind of activity to get ready to return to Vancouver.  Three road trips out there and back in under a month is a little much, especially for me whose favourite means of travel is not by car!! Bill will pick up our fifth wheel tomorrow with fingers crossed that it has wintered well.  We had to get new batteries today and hopefully that will be it but should there be issues I may just fly out on Sunday and he will drive out later.  That may come to pass anyways as my nurse called today and in a very chipper voice told me we would be getting started on Monday.  I had already had a call earlier in the day letting me know that my endoscope was scheduled for Tuesday morning so Bill and I were breathing sighs of relief thinking we would have an extra day to get there!  I asked what I needed to be there for on Monday and she informed me that they would do blood work and I would meet with the doctor.  I just met with the doctor for heaven's sakes!  Can't imagine what else we could have to talk about at this point. I have already been well prepped about possible side effects etc.   The endoscope takes 15 minutes, the blood work maybe five minutes and I would bet the doctor will spend all of ten minutes with me!  I asked if we couldn't do all those things on Tuesday.  She did sound a little exasperated with me but honestly let's be reasonable here!  Once I'm there I won't be difficult but I'm thinking they should be able to accomodate me on this one request.  I had actually asked if I couldn't start a week later and was told that would not be possible.  New patients cannot be brought into the study until I have been in it for a few weeks and the doctor is going to be away that week and prefers to be present on my first week.  That makes sense but this Monday business does not!

Tomorrow we will dewinterize the trailer and get it packed up.  We are trying to approach this month in Vancouver as if it was a holiday!  We're packing golf clubs, bikes and hiking gear with hopes that between treatments I will feel well and we will be able to enjoy ourselves.  I am hoping to continue with my bike training so that I'm ready for the big ride!  Thanks to all who have donated and/or have purchased tickets to the fundraiser event on Saturday night.  There will be tickets on sale at the door for anyone who has not yet got their ticket and wants to come!  The more the merrier!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment