Friday 1 March 2013

White Rabbits!  Have had soo many messages from all of you today who remembered!  The one that really made me smile though was from my niece Katie, all the way from Ireland!  Katie went travelling a few years ago, met the love of her life in Ireland and now lives there with her hubby and two adorable little boys.  She describes them as a "William and Harry" story!  They are coming to visit this summer and we all look forward to seeing them!  Brave girl.....she's going to fly all the way from Ireland alone with a one year old and a three year old!  Can't even imagine doing that but Katie doesn't even blink!
In Ireland they have a Lolly Day to fundraise for Esophageal Cancer.  Here is a picture of Liam enjoying is Lolly!



Can you guess who is William and who is Harry???  (Actually Liam and John.)

Woke up this morning.  Said my White Rabbits at 3 AM.  Woke up feeling a little draggy and laid in bed for awhile hoping I would dodge the nausea I've had the last few rounds.  No such luck even though I remembered to say my White Rabbits.  Started the day on the white telephone to God but am now medicated to the eyeballs with every anti nausea drug in my arsenal.  I have always been so resistant to taking meds and this is still a totally foreign experience to me, even after a year of it.  I popped a total of 8 pills this morning!  Unbelievable!

The plan is to lay low for a couple of days.  When I first started this chemo business I just sailed through it with few side effects but it seems to have caught up to me.  I know this will pass though so it's not too unbearable.  Last go round was better than the one before that and I'm hoping this round will be the same.  Todays goal is to drink lots and try to flush this stuff out of my system.

Boomer is still off on his "holiday" this time with my pal Kathy and her kids.  He is up in Gull Lake enjoying time with his buddy Walter, Kathy's sisters lab who is the same age as Boomer.  They are quite the pair!  Our house just feels empty without him though, although I must confess I appreciated not having to walk him yesterday and today.

Thanks again for the White Rabbit Lucky wishes!  You all make me grin!
White Rabbit Cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment