Saturday 16 March 2013

It is a hard day to feel inspired to leave the house.  I was out for a short walk with Boomer this morning and will need to get out a couple more times with him today but that will be about it.  It's a good day to just stay home and putter.

Last night we went to the Flames game with Brian and Brenda!  A good game.  The team actually looked pretty good and it's always fun when there are lots of goals!  I'm thinking I should contact the Flames and let them in on why they are winning.  It's my magic jersey!!!  It had one bad night but is three for four so far which is pretty darn good if you ask me!!!

Thanks to all who have contributed to my bike ride.  A few old faithfuls and some pleasant surprises!  I had to laugh last night when I had a look.....I had a donation from Boomer!!!   To those of you who read this blog....not to worry, I'm not going to flog my cause here.  I've probably done that enough already, but it is an easy way to thank people who are helping me out.
My Terry Fox Shoes.....

These are the actual model of shoes Terry used on his Marathon of Hope.  I won them in a draw one year and only wear them on very special occasions!  May just wear them for my PET scan next week!
I am finding having a goal to work towards other than "getting healthy" is really motivating me to both eat and exercise.  I know if I am going to be biking I need to up my caloric intake so have really been focussing on trying to do this.  One of the after effects of my first surgery is that I no longer experience the sensation of being hungry.  It's weird...I just have to eat because I know I have to eat but honestly I do miss feeling hungry.  I have two friends who are joining me....Maureen and Jenifer.  I don't think either of them is overly enthusiastic but being the good sports they are they are throwing their hats into the ring!

So stay warm....and if you don't have a dog....give thanks....you can stay inside!  And to those friends who are in warmer places.....stay put!  Don't come home until you have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment