Wednesday 13 March 2013

Another beautiful day!  Hard to believe they are forecasting the return of winter!

I met some friends, all retirees who I worked with at Ranchlands, for lunch today.  As always, we managed to make lunch last a couple of hours.  It was so nice to see everyone and hear what they've been up to.  Yesterday when I  was digging through my pile of t-shirts looking for comfort clothes,  I found a favourite shirt I got when we visited Crater Lake (seen in the picture of Boomer and I at the top of my blog) a few years back.  I just love the saying on the shirt and thought about it today as I left from lunch.    Advice from a Lake........"Be clear   Make positive ripples    Look beneath the surface     Stay calm    Shore up friendships     Take time to reflect   Be full of life!!!"  I have always valued my friends but in the past year I have come to realize they aren't just nice to have.....they are the essence of life itself!  Thank you!
From lunch I headed off to meet Kelli for pedicures.  Both of us had sorry looking toes going in but are now ready for sandals and Vegas!  All I can say is the weather better be good!

Headed home and took Boomer out for his afternoon walk then Kelli came over and we made five chicken pies for the freezer.  So nice to have those meals that you just have to throw in the oven when you just don't feel like cooking (which is often).

My Honey Badgers are thanking those of you who have supported them in their quest to raise money for the Ride To Conquer Cancer.  The fundraising is becoming more challenging as two more family members have jumped in....Kelli and Mike.  Please do not feel you have to support all of them but do feel free to choose your favourite or the one you feel is most in need if you want to contribute!    As Kelli said "Every little bit helps."   For those of you who are sitting on the fence thinking about doing the ride (I am one of those) there are only 300 spots left!  There is still time to make the commitment and become a Honey Badger!





No comments:

Post a Comment