Thursday 28 February 2013

White Rabbit Reminders for March 1st!!!!   Newest addition to the Bunny Hutch.  He arrived on my doorstop tonight.  Thankyou to the anonymous contributor....(Rebecca???)


Up for a workout this morning before heading over to the Tom Baker for my Chemo.  I had two different nurses look at my chart today and exclaim at the number of treatments I have had.  I am now on round 11 for this round and round 16 overall which is a lot of chemotherapy, especially the high test stuff they have had me on.  I'm going to try to change up how I've been managing the nausea side of things this go round and hope that will do the trick.  Absolutely no fun being sick!

Had an interesting cell mate today.  At first she was sleeping but when she woke up she proceeded to tell me her story of how she had had many aches and pains for several years and all the doctors would do for her would be to give her tylenol.  Finally she was sent for tests and discovered she had breast cancer and she was absolutely certain that if she were a white person this would not have happened to her.  Although I was very sympathetic to her story and I have heard of similar stories from other patients and I said to her...."Well, Wanda....I sat with a fellow on my last round and he was as white as white but his story was exactly the same as yours.  Doctors make mistakes and they sometimes don't listen.  I really don't think it was the colour of your skin....just a doctor who didn't listen."  She was a little taken back but we quickly changed conversation topics and I heard about her entire life.  It was actually quite amazing.  The woman was three years younger than I am and had 27 grandchildren!!!  Incredible!

Both Kelli and Geoff dropped in for visits....the plus of having kids who are working in the same hospital you are getting treatment at!  They come by and visit and boy does it make the time fly by better.

I didn't think I was suffering the effects of what people call chemo brain....but perhaps I was and just didn't realize it.  When we were leaving Kimberly yesterday, Bill was loading up the car and asked where my registration sticker was.  I looked at my license plate and said....well I put it on.  Hmmm.....are you sure?  Yes....I was absolutely, totally sure.  So we got in the car and I pulled out the registration papers to check....The only registration papers indicated that my registration had expired in October!  I was starting to wonder......This morning I headed over to the Registry and sure enough I had not registered my vehicle!  I have been driving that car for 5 months with no registration!  Kelli took my vehicle out to Vancouver and back for a month and drove all around Vancouver with no registration!  Man are we lucky we never got stopped!!!!
Bill says they actually tow your vehicle if you get stopped and there is a huge fine attached to it!  Chemo brain!!!!  But lucky!!!

So going to lay low for a day or so with fingers crossed that I can dodge the sick cycle!  Feel good today so hoping all is good!

Remember to say your White Rabbits any time after midnight and if you can spare a little of the guaranteed luck.....send it my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment