Thursday 14 March 2013

Today I bit the bullet and decided to tackle one of my least favourite jobs....and one I really should do more often....clean my fridge!  Not just wipe it but empty it and really clean it and take a look at what's been hiding out in there.  Oh my goodness.  The usual problem I have.  Eight bottles of different barbecue sauces, 2 bottles of Thousand Island Salad dressing, 3 bottles of Worchestire Sauce, 2 bottles of Mint Sauce etc. etc.  No wonder my fridge seems full all the time!  Consolidated things as best as I could and scrubbed everything down.  The whole process took 2.5 hours!

It sure is cold out there and the footing is treacherous!  Kelli is working at the urgent care center in Cochrane and I'm sure she'll see a few broken bones from people falling on this stuff.  I decided that I had two options today.  Stay home and stay warm or go to Hot Yoga.  I was definitely sitting on the fence then heard from both my friend Marian and from Kelli that they were going to go so decided I would too!  Good choice.  I really enjoyed the class and think I am actually starting to get a little better at it.  Still want to laugh when the instructor tells us to "breathe into our glutes or walk your sternum forward".  How the heck do you do that!?  "Breathe into your kidneys".....give me a break!

So.... I bit the bullet and signed up for the Ride To Conquer Cancer.  There were only 300 spots left and we had a bunch of people join our team so I figured it would be the same for other teams. I'm pretty sure the ride is going to be full pretty quick.   I talked my friend Maureen into joining me. She is a true blue friend.  I'm sure this is not something she wants to do but for me she will!   We will definitely be at the back of the pack and both of us wonder if we have lost our marbles.  Maureen actually had a dream last night that she had to ride a tricycle through the Rocky Mountains.  That may very well be what it feels like!  Our team is up to 25 people now which is awesome but there is always room for more.....so if you feel like joining us.....????  My entire family is now in this together.  Geoff and Lindsey, Kelli and Mike and Bill and I.  This is going to make our fundraising very challenging as we have a common base of people to ask for support.  So.....if you have already sponsored someone, please don't sponsor me!  But if you haven't yet I would really appreciate your support if you feel this is a cause you would like to get behind.  I haven't yet confessed to Bill that I'm going to do this but I have been dropping hints here and there for a couple of weeks.  Just trying to ease him into the idea.  Yesterday, when I woke up the first thing I saw were my Terry Fox Runners that sit on my dresser in my bedroom.  I thought to myself.....that young man ran a marathon every single day on an artificial leg.  If he could do that.....I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. That's absolutely terrific that you have joined the ride - I almost made a donation to your team this week but I thought I would hold off until it got closer knowing that you had been thinking about it and I hadn't heard you say you definitely were not doing it - so I'm glad I waited!!!!
    On another note - my fridge needs cleaning badly!!!!!
    On yet another note - I totally bit it on the ice outside the Ranch today and whacked my head - I'm sure I scrambled my marbles a bit but THANKFULLY no broken bones - that's my biggest fear that I will injure myself and have to stop working out and I have a 10K coming up! Though I'm not sure how I'm going to feel tomorrow as my neck is super sore right now.
    Anyways, I haven't commented on your blog in a while so I thought I would give you my two cents worth today - and YES, in yoga you can apparently breathe into all parts of your body and internal organs as well as lift through your heart centre!!! Namaste Leslie!!!!

    ReplyDelete