Sunday 17 March 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  Gotta make sure I wear green today....especially since we are going to my cousins house for dinner and they are staunch supporters of St. Patrick's Day!  I sure don't want my skinny ass pinched....it'll hurt!



I was up with full intentions of heading to the Winter Club to ride the bike this morning but the longer I sit here and look outside, the less I want to go.  Bill did the morning walk this morning so I haven't even ventured outside.  I think I'm going to ride my bike in the basement today and skip going out until later today.  What a wimp!!!

I have been discovered on my intent to ride in the Ride To Conquer Cancer.  I kept waiting for just the right moment to break the news to Bill, knowing he was going to be very unimpressed.  He is a bit of a mother hen and I know he worries about me constantly.  I know if I could put a few pounds on he'd be a lot happier.  In any case, it was really quite funny how it all came about.  We were sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee and reading the paper when our front doorbell rang.  I went and opened the door and there was our old neighbour and friend, Ross, cheque in hand.  In his big booming voice he said that he and Sandra really wanted to support me on my ride and wanted to give me a cheque!  I could just feel Bill's eyes boaring into my back!  The secret was out!  Just goes to show you deception never pays off and you usually do get caught!  Well, I turned around....laughed and confessed.  He just shook his head and said he wasn't impressed!  Oh well....he knows me and I know that he knew I was going to do this.  I knew if I told him before I actually signed up he would do his best to try to talk me out of it.....My kids on the other hand are totally supportive and excited that I've  joined the team, even though I think I've honed in on some of their fundraising possibilities. I have had all sorts of messages of support..... Thanks to those of you who recognize my need and desire to do this!   We all know the fundraising is going to be a challenge with six of us in the mix!  My friend Kathy just laughed and said we could just make a $10,000 donation to the Ride to Conquer Cancer.  We have all made donations to each other which is kind of funny but certainly not to the tune of $10,000!!!

So.....time to head to the basement and do my time on the bike!  Then I'll eat a high calorie lunch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment