Saturday 2 March 2013

Another quiet day but good news....not sick at all today, just a little draggy.  Draggy I can do!  Even got out and off to the store for a bit this morning but have been pretty quiet for the most part.  Could it be that I'm starting to get a little smarter????  Probably not but I like to think so.  Last day of anti nausea drugs and steroids which usually signals the upward swing once again.  I didn't even have to take my extra arsenal today.

This morning I worked on my 1987 photo album.  Talk about a walk down memory lane.  There were photos of the building of our house from the empty lot to the completed project.  Also came across so many pictures of the kids in their various activities.  Saw the friends they had over the years....some of whom are still in our lives to this day!   Superman birthday parties, visits to Butterfield Acres, Callaway Park, the play park, the zoo, Riley Park....Oh man....do miss those days!  I started to think about all the birthday parties we had over the years.  I ran a birthday party just like a mini school play day.  Always had a theme.....usually had the guests dress for the occasion.  Some of the most memorable included a Pirate party, a disastrous skating/hockey party, a nautical theme party where the take home gift bag was a goldfish caught with a net in our plastic tot pool (the look on the moms' faces when they arrived for pick up was hilarious.  It never occurred to me that everyone would be leaving the party to go to the Pet Store to buy a fishbowl!), a horseback riding party, a panda party, paintball, etc. etc.  My kids still talk about those parties and Geoff still continues to celebrate his birthday whole heartedly every year!    To those of you still with little kids take my advice.....never wish away those days.  I always remember thinking that I could hardly wait until my kids could crawl, could walk, could talk, were toilet trained, could swim by themselves, could dress themselves, could ski down the hill without assistance, etc. etc.  Now when I look back I wish I had relished the moments a little more and not been waiting for what was to come! Every step along the way is a gift to be savoured and enjoyed and sometimes we don't realize that until we are looking in the rear view mirror.  I had to laugh when I read Kim's facebook posting today about her girls day out shopping and going to a movie with her oldest, Katie, now a young teenager.  I vividly and I do mean vividly remember a shopping day just like that....we were in Swimco at Market Mall.  I never realized it could take so long to purchase a swimsuit but then if you have to try on every suit in the store, sometimes more than once it can become a little bit of a slug!  Especially for the mother with the wallet!

Hoping to be back to close to normal (whatever that means these days) by tomorrow.  Trish and Gerry are coming by for coffee tomorrow....it'll be nice to see them.....it's been awhile.  Bill is busy planning his next project....a friends' bathroom.  Ours is finally done except for the towel rack which is on order.  It looks fabulous!  The problem is that we haven't used it in so long, I still find myself going to the other bathrooms in the house.

Our boy Boomer returns tomorrow so I'll get back into the walk routine......well, that will depend on the accuracy of the predicted weather tomorrow!  Hoping the mountains are getting the same snow we are forecasted to get.  We are still hoping to squeeze in a couple more ski days before the snow melts and our heads turn to golf!!!

And just my little plug for the Ride To Conquer Cancer.....we are still looking for people to join our Honey Badgers Team!  Think about it!  It's a great experience!

Just had to share this one with you!  Geoff on his Heli Skiing Trip!  What a way to ring in 30!
                                                 YOLO  YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment