Tuesday 26 March 2013

Last night we went to the Bob Seeger concert!  Wow.....it was amazing!  If you closed your eyes he sounded just the same as he did 20 years ago.  If you opened your eyes you saw this old guy on the stage.  It's hard to believe he's 67 and can still belt out the tunes!  Not only was he fantastic to listen to....he was clearly happy to be here performing for an audience who knew the words to almost every song he played.  About twenty minutes into the concert it became apparent that we had people in our section enjoying a joint or two.  I felt like I was taking a step back in time, not only with the music but with the behaviour of the fans.  Truly, the audience were pretty much our age, with very few youngsters in the group.  Having said that the pair sitting next to us were young ones.  They managed to consume a six beer each in the first hour of the concert.  If they weren't jumping up and down to go get more beer, they were jumping up and down to go to the bathroom.  By the end of the concert the girl was clearly pissed!  I thought she was going to fall down the stairs on her final exit of the night!

Today was a day of self indulgence!  Started off by meeting two old teaching pals at the Lazy Loaf for coffee and a muffin that we managed to make last almost three hours.  Barb now lives out on the coast and was in town for a few days and it was absolutely great to touch base with her!  Judy is always fun to have coffee with.  While we were sitting there a group of six teachers from my Cambrian Heights days arrived for lunch!  It was like old home week!

Left the Lazy Loaf and headed to the Winter Club for my yoga class, then went and had a drink and a visit with another friend!

I finally headed home, picked Boomer up and headed to Nose Hill.  It was a glorious, sunny day....perfect for a walk in the park.  We no sooner started our walk than a young pit bull came charging by.  I have never seen a dog run as frantically around, back and forth as this dog did.  Her owner had absolutely no control over her.  When she called the dog, the dog didn't even acknowledge her with a sideways glance.  She just raced around, from dog to dog and person to person.  We walked with them for a bit and the girl kept calling the dog but she should have just not bothered as the dog did not even come once.  Finally we reached a branch in the pathway and I turned one way and she continued on the other.......without the dog.  It was coming with us.  I continued to walk and the dog continued to charge back and forth, back and forth.  I could hear the girl calling and calling but it was like the dog was deaf.  I finally looked back over my shoulder and the girl was back about half a mile and was heading towards us across the hill.  I decided it wasn't my problem and continued to walk.  She finally caught up to us and was clearly pissed off at the dog and probably also at me for not stopping.    The dog could have cared less.  The girl spoke sternly to it..."COME!" and I swear the look she got was "Make me!"  Finally I felt sorry for the girl and called Boomer over at which point the pup also came and the girl was able to grab it and leash it. I looked at the dog and said "You are a BRAT!  You need to go to obedience school!"  Of course I was addressing the dog but truly was trying to send a message to the owner.  I'm not saying my dog was the most obedient at 7 months of age, but he never was as out of control as this dog was.   The girl then proceeded to go back the way she had come literally dragging the dog behind her as it tried to come back to where we were going.  When we got back to the start point of the walk we ran into them again.  The pit bull was still leashed and the girl was yanking on it and trying to make it listen.  She then told me that somewhere along the way she had dropped the keys to her boyfriends' truck and he was going to kill her!  She was not having a good day!  I am not a fan of pit bulls.  I usually go the opposite direction when I see one, even if the owner assures me it is friendly.  This one didn't worry me because it was so young and was clearly not aggressive.  However, when you see the lack of control this girl had you couldn't help but think the writing is on the wall and this dog is going to be a real problem in the future.  Scary!  

Another day of feeling great!  I cannot believe the difference in how I am feeling being off all chemo and it has been less than a week.  I'm so hopeful that I won't have to start up....this little break has totally spoiled me and made me realize the effect the drugs have on me.  I would love to have an extended break from them!


No comments:

Post a Comment