Friday 15 March 2013

Many thanks to those of you who have already contributed to my fundraising for the Ride To Conquer Cancer. It is hard to ask for your support when many of you have given so much of yourselves over the past year and a half.  With all six of us taking part in the ride, the fundraising is going to be challenging for all of us as we have a common base of friends and family.  I am justifiably nervous about both raising the $2500 required to participate,  and about the ride itself but am also excited to not be on the sidelines.  You know me....always want to be in the thick of it!

I must say I'm not really enjoying this return to winter.  It is so brutally cold out there and the roads, sidewalks and pathways are just treacherous.  I have had several close calls with wipe outs just walking Boomer.  I had a laugh out loud moment this morning as we were walking along the top of the ravine.  I was walking along gingerly and looked ahead just in time to see Boomer taking his morning squat on the side of the hill.  He must have chosen a particularily icey spot because just as he got himself into the squat position he took off like he was on a toboggan.  Poor guy, he slid a good ten feet down the hill, maintaining the squat all the way!  Shook him up so badly, he couldn't finish what he had started!

I got back home and decided to fill the bird feeder.  When we were visiting my brother it was neat to sit drinking my morning coffee looking at the vast variety of birds that visit their bird feeders.  Mind you, they have a varied menu available to the birds....suet, sunflower seeds, peanuts, finch seed, etc. which attracts the variety of birds they get.  I just have a bag of wild bird seed.  Still, I was inspired to entice the birds to my feeder so filled the feeder and sprinkled some on the ground for the bigger birds who can't land on the bar of our small feeder.  I came inside, got my coffee and parked myself at the kitchen table.  About half an hour later the birds arrived.  Five magpies, two crows and four pigeons!  Hmmm.... a far cry from the red poles, the jays, the finches, etc. that Kevin and Michelle attract.

Well, it's a good morning to hit the gym so think I'll get going before I lose my enthusiasm.  We are off to the Flames game again tonight with friends Brian and Brenda!  Hoping that Jersey of mine still has a little luck in it!  So much more fun when they win!




No comments:

Post a Comment