Thursday 7 March 2013

Dad and I went to the Flames game last night and I am happy to report my jersey is three for three.  I have worn it three times this season and each time I have worn it we have emerged victorious!  Fun game last night....always more fun when they win, that's for sure!


Got home and climbed into bed knowing it would be an early start this morning!  We had plans to come down to visit my brother who lives near Pincher Creek and to ski at Castle Mountain.  The snow forecast was for 10 cm of new snow overnight so we were looking forward to skiing some fresh powder.  Geoff and Lindsey were there yesterday and it was snowing hard when they left so things looked promising.  We were busy getting the car loaded and Boomer was on his mat looking so glum.  You could just tell he was thinking "They're leaving me again.....I just know it."  Finally were ready to go and I saw him looking at me through the bars on the bannister with this forlorn look......"What about me???"  When I called him to come he positively vibrated he was so excited!  "Wow.....I  get to come."   Well, we got off to a little bit later start than we wanted and of course our scary Calgary drivers were all driving like idiots this morning so our drive across town to get out of the city was turtle slow!  We were just at about McMahon Stadium and I asked if we had the helmets.  Oops....Bill forgot to throw them in.  We decided we would go back to the old fashioned way of skiing and use our toques this weekend!  No way we were driving back through traffic to get those helmets.  Continued on cursing drivers all the way to the city limits.  Finally hit the highway but the drivers not much better there.  I texted Kevin and told him we were going slowly so to go ahead to the hill and we would meet them there.  He told me that the snow storm had not materialized as predicted and there was only 3 cm of new snow......These guys turn their noses up at anything less than ten cm of powdery fluff.  Fussy!  We finally arrived here but it was 10 AM by the time we got to Kevins.  After a little discussion we decided to change the game plan.  Michelle, Kevin and I would go x country skiing, Bill just wanted to veg as he's had a busy week and tomorrow we will ski Castle.  One day's enough if there isn't at least 10 cm of white fluffy snow!  We went to Syncline X Country Area.  It was beautiful  The trail ran along the river and through the forest.  It was one of those gorgeous, sparkly, blue sky days and to make it even better we were the only ones there!  It was amazing.  We skied for a couple of hours and the best part was that Boomer attached himself to Michelle instead of to me so no issues with a black lab tripping you up.  He had such a good time and ran his little butt off for a couple of hours.  And.....the other best part was that I was the only one who didn't wipe out today!!!    We headed back to Kevin and Michelle's place, had a bite of lunch and jumped into the hot tub.  From the hot tub you can look out at their property.  They have an amazing array of bird feeders around their property and you cannot believe the birds that come to visit.   They even have a flock of turkeys who are regulars!   Best restaurant in town if you have feathers!    Probably the best if you don't as we are being treated to a Alaska King Crab feed tonight!

Turkeys on the property!





My Brother and I.....and yes....we have the same parents!







1 comment:

  1. I never pictured your brother to be such a giant!! Great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete