Monday 11 March 2013

Up and off to the hospital for my weekly hydration.  It was packed today.  When you hear on the news that the Tom Baker is bursting at the seams, believe it!  Bill went off to my oncologist's office to pick up the medical part of my CPP application.  Strangely, when you are on long term disability they make you apply for CPP even if you are not eligible by age.  Of course I opened it and read it and loved the notation my doctor entered under prognosis!  "Typically, metastatic esophageal cancer is incurable but we have seen an excellent response to chemo and are hopeful of long term disease control and possibly cure.  Treatment is ongoing."  I love Dr. Easaw!!!  I want to be his miracle patient!

Finished at the hospital and headed off for lunch.  I was freezing after my hydration.  I always get very cold during this procedure despite the fact I had two heated blankets on today during the infusion.  We decided soup was a good remedy and headed to a Chinese hole in the wall restaurant that Bill used to frequent when he was the inspector in charge of traffic.  The restaurant has changed hands again and the people who now own it do not speak English.  It did make ordering a little interesting and I actually didn't end up getting what I had asked for.  Even so it was tasty and warmed me up which was the intention of going for soup.  We both loved our fortune cookies today.  Mine...."  All of your hard work and dedication will soon pay off!"   Bill's...."You will make a fortune with a "good friend."

From there we headed over to a store to check out steam showers.  Bill has a new project.  Our two year bathroom project is now officially complete except for the towel rack which is on order.  Such a treat to no longer have to go to the basement for a shower and an even bigger treat to have under floor heating!  Our "good friends" Brian and Brenda have hired Bill to renovate their bathroom!  This one will not take two years!!!

I arrived home just as Jenifer was calling to see if Boomer and I were game for a walk.  After brushing another half ton of hair off him we headed to the off leash park.  It was cooler than we were expecting and the footing was slippery but this did not bother the dogs in the slightest.

Now I'm waiting for the hockey game to start, even though I'm not sure I even want to watch it.  the last couple of games have been a little painful to say the least and my theory on my jersey was squashed last game.  I'm not going to even put it on tonight.  Still, I will watch....I keep hoping for their miracle to happen!

Just had a look at the Honey Badgers progress sheet.  They are 52% of the way to making their goal of $100,000!!!  Big thanks to friends and family who have sponsored my family members!  Raising $2800 is no easy task.  We have heard many people turn down the invitation to ride stating that they just didn't feel it was possible to raise that kind of money and yes.....it is not easy....but with your help it is possible.
Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment