Monday 4 March 2013

I just watched the most beautiful video...."The gift of an ordinary day."  It is posted on my facebook page and I highly recommend every parent take a moment to watch it.  It just sums everything up so beautifully and really makes you stop and think about the important things in life!  I loved it!

Although the video talks about ordinary days in terms of family it also made me think how much I long for an "ordinary day."  A day without pills, a day where I don't have to consider what I'm eating or not eating, a day without people looking at me....and I mean really looking at me trying to decide how I'm really doing, a day without appointments, a day where no one is worried about me and I have no concerns for myself or what the future might hold......just an ordinary day.  How we do take those for granted!  Ahhh.....The gift of an ordinary day!

Had to be at the hospital for 8:30 AM this morning for my hydration appointment.  I was the first one in this morning and was out of there in under an hour and a half which was wonderful.  I had planned to go for a workout but decided that perhaps one more day of laid back might not be a bad idea for me.  Maybe it's the weather but I'm just happy to hang out at home at the moment!

Today I'm thinking about a friend who is awaiting a new set of lungs, a scary and uncertain time for sure.  She has been struggling with lung issues for the last few years and has now reached the point where they have put her on a transplant list.  I know first hand that the waiting game is the worst part.  When my friend Kathy's son had his lung transplant several years ago we were all overjoyed at the success of the surgery and the new life it afforded him.  My hope is that this story will be repeated for this wonderful woman!  Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way my friend!

Today I'm also thinking about Cliff who will be undergoing his first chemotherapy treatment tomorrow.  Again, another unknown...I'm sure he is wondering how he will tolerate this.  That first time is really a little unsettling but once you know what to expect it becomes much easier!

Just awaiting the return of my beautiful black dog.  Any thoughts I ever had about him distressing when away from home were immediately dispelled with the arrival of this photo this morning.
So hoping each and every one of you is enjoying and appreciating just another ordinary day!  They should be treasured, appreciated, and never ever taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment