Thursday 28 March 2013

Oh glorious bluebird sky day in the Rocky Mountains!  Kelli and I headed to Lake Louise this morning.  Didn't expect the snow to be great and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was!  The sun shone all day and the place was surprisingly quiet.  I thought with it being spring break it would be hopping.  Not so....we were on and off the lifts all days with virtually no line ups at all.  I must confess I am feeling a little pooped but was really happy with how I skied today.  I think the time I've logged on the bike has paid off.  I did not huff and puff nearly has much as I have on my previous days out!  I did have a rather close call at the end of the day however.  A young guy on a snowboard, totally out of control almost wiped me off the hill on our final run down.   Kelli said to me...."wouldn't it be something to have gone through what you have this past year and then be killed by a crazy snowboarder?!!"
Rock Garden
Top of Ptarmigan Chair
Kelli picked me up this morning and we headed over to Geoff's to pick up her ski poles.  We also wanted to borrow Geoff and Lindsey's park pass but I had forgotten to ask last night so knowing they would be still in bed I brought their house key and just let myself in to find the keys to Geoff's truck.  I was trying to be as quiet as possible as I didn't want to wake them.  I guess Lindsey woke up and said "Geoff!  Someone's in the house!"  He grunted "Whatever...", rolled over and went back to sleep.  Not very security conscious, that's for sure.

I now have the tickets for the Honey Badger Silent Auction, and fun fundraiser!  It will be at Schanks in Crowfoot on May 25th.  Tickets are $20 each and include admission, a beer or highball and light snacks.  There will be games that you can win prizes at as well as some fabulous silent auction items.  I am hoping I can talk my friends into coming!  Please!!!  It will be fun!!!  If you would like tickets please drop me an email at ljsherlock@hotmail.com   I am happy to deliver the tickets to you!!!  Just let me know how many you want and when I can drop by with them!   I was not able to go last year but heard it was tons of fun!  Please consider joining us.  $10 of each ticket sale goes directly to the ride and $10 goes to Schanks.  We are hoping to get a great turn out for this event!  Please consider bringing your friends along as well.  The more, the merrier!!!

Tomorrow we leave for Vegas.  Looking forward to a fun few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment