Wednesday 24 April 2013

Today was medical overload.  When it rains it pours.  Kelli confirmed my appointment with the Vancouver doctor in charge of the clinical trial out there and we will be meeting with him on Tuesday.  Then I got a call from Edmonton asking me to set up an appointment re. the clinical trials they are running.  Don't know if that trial will be a fit for me but at this point we are keeping all options open.  I also had a call from the Mayo Clinic and am in the process of sending my medical records there.  The only one I didn't hear from today was Boston!  So things are starting to percolate!  Makes me a little antsy to be honest.

I had brunch at the Eggs Oasis in Crowfoot with a friend who often subbed at Ranchlands School.  We had a great gab and brunch was fabulous!  I've been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile and was not disappointed.  Much like Coras but I think a little better!  After brunch Bill and I packed up the truck and headed west to Windermere.  We have a couple of days of golf planned,,,,,Kelli will come out here on Friday night and we will spend the weekend here and then head to Vancouver.  First road trip for her new car!

I had an email from a very special friend tonight who will be undergoing surgery for her cancer very shortly.  I am quite frankly devastated by this news!  This woman has been a source of strength for me over this past year.  Having said that I know she is in the hands of an outstanding surgeon and she is one of the strongest women I have ever met so I feel confidant that her outcome will be positive.  It just seems so unfair that this damn disease is so relentless.

Then I arrived at the lake and Dad's neighbour Cathy and I went for a walk.  We were talking about a mutual acquaintance who after 12 years of being cancer free has had her cancer return.  I think if I had been cancer free for 12 years I would start to be feeling quite confidant that I had beaten it!  Why, why, oh why?

So, a bit of a stressful day.......thank goodness for the lovely drive out here!  I am looking forward to a couple of days of pretending everything's normal.......I even brought my bike.  Kelli and I are planning to do some riding around the seawall.  I think she said if we went around the loop 10 times....we would cover the distance of the Ride To Conquer Cancer!  Hmmmm.....that puts it in perspective for sure.  Makes my hour on the stationary bike this morning look a little lame, that's for sure!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment