Sunday 21 April 2013

Another grey day out there!  Bill went skiing with his brother.  I opted out!  If I'm going to ski this time of year I'm looking for a blue sky, spring skiing kind of day!  Looking west, I'm seriously doubting they had that kind of day.

Instead I stayed home and had one of those self indulgent days where you do whatever you like, whenever you like.  I took my bike into Bow Cycle this morning for it's "Ride To Conquer Cancer" tune up.  I considered asking them to install a small motor!  I had been told a tune up was around a hundred dollars so was quite pleased when the guy hoisted it up on the rack, adjusted the gears, put air in the tires, oiled the chain and told me that was all it needed and there was no charge!  I'm hoping to get out for a ride this week.  I've been logging lots of time on the stationary bike but I know "real" riding is going to be more of a challenge when you throw in the hill factor!  Still, I'm anxious to try it and feel quite confidant it will be fine!  I wandered around Bow Cycle and have come to the conclusion that cycling is becoming a glamour sport.  The gear and clothing choices are endless.  I stopped to look at bike seats because I am concerned my butt is going to be in major distress riding that distance with little padding on it!  The guy came over and asked what kind of distance I would be riding.  He then told me that actually the cushy soft gel seats (which is what I was looking at) are the worst thing for long rides and it is much better to stick to the firm narrow seat like I've already got on my bike.  Doesn't seem to make sence but I guess I'll do a few rides and see how I fare.  I know last year some of the riders found a good solution to sore butt was to wear two pairs of bike shorts, one over the other!

From Bow Cycle I headed to the Winter Club and had my workout and steam.  Still fighting with this ugly cough that everyone seems to have or have had.  It just won't go away!  The steam certainly helps and I should be more diligent about going on a daily basis.

For those of you who have asked for Schanks tickets....I will deliver this week.  Just let me know how many and when is good for you!  I'll be there!

I had an email from Geoff this morning.  Sounds like Roatan is quite the place.  Great diving and beautiful!  Think I'll add it to my list!  He sent a picture of a seahorse!  I've never seen one of those!



Is that what I think it is??????!!!  Yikes!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment