Saturday 20 April 2013

FYI  We had our first snowfall of the year exactly 6 months ago today!  And it's snowing again!  Yes, we do live live in the land of winter!  No wonder we have to take vitamin D supplements living where we live!

We are going to friends for dinner tonight and I volunteered to bring dessert!  Why anyone ever allows me to do this is beyond my comprehension but I secretly think they enjoy the stories that go along with my dessert creations.  Today, I decided to tackle a new recipe which is often a recipe for disaster!  It would appear that the dessert was successful but it wasn't until I was into the prep of it did I realize that this is probably the most decadent thing I have ever made.  12 ounces of white chocolate, whip cream, cream cheese, grand mariner.......I think you could put weight on looking at it.  The guys won't care but the girls are going to kill me!
Last week I was in Amerynth Foods and got suckered into buying some holistic synergistic food blend for "vitality and purification that is rich in minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and polysacharrides."  Man....you see how vulnerable people get (and desperate) when they start buying this stuff.  I just read the back of the package and just about fell over when I saw what I paid for this "miracle food".  I was walking through the store and it caught my eye with it's title....New Earth Organics....Liver Life!  Pardon my French here but I'll bet it will taste like S&*$!  I'll just write a little of the jargon that is on the back of the package and you will truly shake your head at my impulse by.  Believe me....my head is shaking back and forth as I write this....

"At New Earth Organics we recognize the magic of real foods.  By honouring the intelligence of nature and respecting the "how and why" certain foods have been consumed traditionally in their real whole food form we can start to rediscover and understand this powerful wisdom from Mother Earth......  "
Leslie's Losing It!!!!  Here's the evidence to prove it!!!

It goes on more but I just wanted to give you a taste.  Man....I must be desperate.....well I am!  So try it I will no matter how bad it tastes which from my experience is generally the case.

I will be heading out to Vancouver the end of next week.  Kelli is writing her final exam out there and I have an appointment to meet with a doctor associated with the trial they are running out of Vancouver.  At this point we are investitating all options on the advice of my oncologist here and will then make our decision as to which direction we should go.

Yes....I am still planning to do the ride!  I still have lots of tickets for the Fundraiser "Party" at Schanks on May 25.  For those of you who have sent me emails requesting tickets I will get them to you this week. Many thanks for your never ending support and encouragement!  We move forward with your strength, your optimism and your generosity!  I know the trials are a long shot but they are a shot and my attitude throughout this has been I will take whatever they offer me and hope I will be one of those miracles you so often hear about.  Yes, a phase 1 trial is a little scary but I look at it this way....maybe it'll work for me!  I won't know if I don't try.....and if it doesn't maybe my participation can help someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment