Monday 22 April 2013

Today I'm adding a fourth "P" to my Three P's......positivity, patience, perseverance and now PERSISTENCE!    This morning Judy invited me over for coffee and plopped down a plate of calories.  Delicious!  We then had the old colonoscopy chat!  Young women talk about child birth....those us over 50 talk about colonoscopys....the worst part of course being the 4 litre jug of Golitely (ha...whoever named it that had a sick, sick sense of humour) that you have to drink the day before to flush out your system!  Lucky Judy.  That is one test I am happy to have behind me.....ha...another sick pun!  Judy looked at me today and told me she wasn't sure she would be able to go through what I have been through with the same approach I have taken.  I have others say this and I will tell you I have met many cancer patients in this past year who are doing exactly what I am doing.  I agree that most people probably wouldn't be as open and public about their journey as I have been and to be honest it was never my intent to be that way.  The blog started out as a way for me to communicate with friends and family while I was going through chemo/radiation and surgery.  Since then it continues to be a great way to let people know how I am doing but also reinforces my desire to find the good in every day and believe me.....it's there!

Saw a facebook post this morning from Lindsey!  It read..."Nothing like a dead baby gecko in your freshly brewed pot of hot coffee this morning!"  She has such a sympathetic bunch of friends.....Here were the responses.....
-"So you got a free protein booster!  What's your problem."
-"Another White Girl Problem"
-"That's what you get for travelling so much....it's just a question of time."
-"Is that a local delicacy?"

Seriously....a dead baby gecko in my morning coffee would probably cure me of drinking the stuff forever!

Had a good day today.  Coffee, pedicure, walk in the park, and another coffee get together with other friends tonight!  I know it sounds like all I do is drink coffee and have lunch.....I do do a lot of it I confess but I also am working out and riding my bike! Hoping spring is here to stay!  Today was a beauty....finally!


No comments:

Post a Comment