Friday 26 April 2013

A lovely day in the valley but not the 20 degree predicted forecast.  Pleasant but mostly a sweater kind of day for me.  Attendance at the golf course is definitely picking up and the parking lot was much busier when we arrived this morning.  Everyone experiencing early season rounds so that translates into slower rounds.  I had a great game today....96!!!!  Which for me is pretty decent!  Several pars and pretty consistant with just a couple of blow ups.  That game is so much more fun when you play well.  Both Bill and Dad had major blow ups on hole 2.  It was painful to watch and you really don't know what to say as you can sense their frustration.  To make it worse, I managed to par hole 2.  Definitely doesn't help!

Still, despite this we all had a great time.  Tomorrow I think it's just Kelli and I.  The guys have some home repairs to look at.

Hats off to my long time friend Kathy who is now officially retired after 37 years with the city!!!  Freedom 57 Kath!!!  She is off to Italy in May....what a great way to see in your retirement....that and adopting a three year old chocolate labrador!  Doing it in style my friend!

Geoff and Lindsey arrived back from Roatan today.  He called me at the lake and asked if I was the one who had watered their artificial bamboo plant!  True confessions....I watered it three times!  Now that a good fake plant that looks so real it gets watered.

Still feeling good but anxious to move on to the clinical trials.  I will be glad when we make a decision as to which direction to head.  A friend looked at me the other day and said it was kind of ironic how I would complain about all my hospital visits and time spent having treatment etc.  Now I feel a little like a fish out of water not having it at all.

Thought about going for a bike ride when we got home from the golf course today but there is a bit of a wind out there and I decided that maybe 18 holes of golf was enough for the day.  Took Boomer for a good walk and am now just getting ready to start supper!

Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment