Monday 8 April 2013

If it was February we'd say what a lovely day it is!  Because it's April we're all feeling down in the dumps!  I am tired of winter!  I want it to be summer!  NOW!

Again, big thanks for the donations I have been receiving.  I am touched by the generosity of so many....and even a few I don't know!  I am just a few hundred dollars short of my goal, although as I mentioned the other day, my main goal is to stay ahead of Jeff White!  I ran into him today at the club and he is so into this challenge!  His comment was that he was going to hit every lady in the ladder up for a donation and he was so going to beat me!  The sad truth is that all those ladies love him and will no doubt be supporting him to the limit!  I probably should have kept my big mouth shut!

Wendy and I went for lunch today.  It was the usual long lunch but we had a real good gab and catch up.  I haven't seen her in awhile so it was nice to hear all that is going on in their lives.  She brought me my visual reminder for May 1st and although I am positively itching to share it with you I am showing restraint and will make you wait.  It is pretty awesome though!

I am remaining surprisingly calm about my upcoming week.  Tomorrow I have to go the voice clinic which I really don't want to do.  My voice is what it is and the doctor never seems to do anything for me.....just checks me out, in the most unpleasant way and then tells me.. " well....wait and see."First I get the tube down the nose and he looks at my vocal chords then I get the needles in the neck to see if the muscles are are firing which is most uncomfortable.  The funny thing is is that this is quite minor compared to much of what I have been through but I still dislike it intensely.  I guess what I hate the most is it seems to be a futile exercise as there doesn't seem to be anything he can do for me and always just indicates either the nerves will come back or not....only the test of time will tell.  My voice isn't bad now.  I cannot raise it and I still have issues with breathing when I exert myself.  These are things that I may just have to live with.  I was sorely tempted to cancel the appointment but my family have encouraged me to go....just in case!

Wednesday of course is the day I will talk to the oncologist about my scan results and will see where we go from here.  To top that off I have a dental appointment in the afternoon.  Talk about loading things on!  That's quite a day!

Thursday.....I'm hoping like crazy I won't have chemo but it is tentatively scheduled.....just in case.
 So beyond Thursday, I have not really made any plans.  I know my Dad would love for me to come out and play a little golf with him and I am anxious to do this but just don't want to make any plans until I know where things sit.  Take each day as it comes and go from there!


No comments:

Post a Comment