Wednesday 17 April 2013

I am sitting in my Dad's backyard enjoying the sunshine.  Dad is cutting the grass and Boomer is rolling in hit grunting like the happy little pig he is!  He is totally covered in grass clippings and doesn't realize that he is going to be banished to the backyard until it falls off!  He will not be happy about that as he is definitely a dog who likes to be where his people are!

I played my first round of golf of the season today.  It was cool this morning but the sun was shining and it was one of the bluebird sky days!  When we pulled into the parking lot at the golf course there were only a couple of other cars so we pretty much had the course to ourselves.  We played with Dad's friend Ron today who is a great guy to play with.  He never loses his temper and he always knows where everyone's ball is which is a definite asset!  I walked the front nine today and we took a cart on the back which is pretty much what I was doing most of last season.  When we walked up to the first tee box I looked up to the red tee box and noticed that there was a bench there that wasn't there last year.  In my usual speak without thinking way I said "What a stupid place to put a bench.....what idiot's going to sit there?"  (It's directly in front of the blue and white tee boxes.)  I guess if you were a group of ladies playing and were waiting to hit off you might sit there but it seemed like a really crazy place to put a bench.  My dad whispered to me that Ron had been instrumental in getting the bench placed there The bench is a commemorative bench in memory of his neighbour who passed away a couple of years ago.  They put it there so his wife would be able to see it from their house.  Ron explained this to me and I felt like a total dolt!  At least he didn't seem to be too bothered by it.  Later, on the way home, my Dad confessed to me he had made the same comment to Ron when he first saw it.  Guess tjhe apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

I had some fabulous holes today, shot a few pars, putted much better than I usually do but did have a couple of blow outs too, resulting in a score of 100.  I'm actually quite happy with that score given the circumstances and the fact it was my first time out this season.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more consistant.
Look at that!  Grass is actually turning green here and the trees are ready to bud out any day!  This picture really doesn't show how green it really is!
We headed home at the end of eighteen and I took Boomer out for a walk around town.  I always enjoy my first walk around here.  There are always changes.  Old houses being knocked down and new ones going up.  It is such an interesting community with a combination of old homes and double wide trailors that have been here forever mixed with million dollar homes.  Strangely it doesn't take away from the charm....I love this time of year out here because it is soooo quiet.  None of the summer people are here yet and there really aren't many full time residents.  When I was walking the dog last night I couldn't believe the starts in the sky which of course you notice so much more because of the lack of street lights.
The lake is so beautiful this time of year.  No boat traffic.  Nobody on the beach!  Peaceful!  Just wait til August!
Hope things are warming up at home......I know we all want what I have right now.  A little taste of spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment