Monday 15 April 2013

Had a quiet weekend.  Still struggling with a cold but I did get checked out last night at the Cochrane Urgent Care facility and I don't have pneumonia which I was a little worried about.

Today, I went out to Bragg Creek with a friend to have lunch with her friend who has been involved in several drug trials.  A bit of a sobering lunch hearing about her experiences with the trials and a bit of a strange feeling to have the three of us sitting around a table.....all three of us jumping in the lifeboat and realizing our options are becoming somewhat limited.  Having said that , it was nice to be with two people who totally understood my situation, who have lived and are living through exactly what I am  experiencing.  I think for all three of us, the biggest worry is our families especially our kids.  I came home, appreciative of the opportunity to talk to these two wonderful women, put on my sorels and headed off to Nose Hill with Boomer for a trek around the park.  The going was tough today with all the snow but it was so therapeutic to be up there in the fresh air,  doing something physical.

I have just been watching the footage from the Boston Marathon.  What a sad state our world is in when things like this happen.  Of course, at this point, no one knows who is responsible for this horrific act but you have to question the senselessness of this sick act of violence.  My heart goes out the the families of all who were caught and are now fighting for their lives.  So sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment