Wednesday 10 April 2013

Well, had my appointment this morning and news was not what we had hoped for.  It's hard to believe actually, given the fact I have felt so good these past weeks.  But the reality is that the cancer is back and there is nothing more they can do for me at the Tom Baker.  This said....I am not done.....my doctor is going to check with Edmonton and see if they are running any clinical trials and of course we have already put the wheels in motion to check out a trial happening in Boston.  As always, this waiting period will be the toughest.  I am always happiest when we are proactive but perhaps I should just continue to enjoy this break from the chemo as hopefully I again will be enjoying it in the near future!

There is still a lot of fight left in me yet!  I just need to get my family on board here.  All I have ever wanted since this all started was for them to function as normally as possible.  I promised Kelli I would let her know when I got the knows (she is on Turkey) and although I desperately wanted to go back on this promise we did send her a message today.  Geoff was at the hospital this morning so we were able to tell him the news face to face!  So hard!  Bill and I have shed a few tears today....we've had a few angry rants....but now we are focussed on what the goal has been all along.  To continue this fight as long as there is ammunition out there to do it with.  Thank you all for your support....looks like I'm going to need more of it!  In the meantime I'm still planning to do the bike ride....I'm still planning to live each day to the limit and I expect my family to do the same.  I'm waiting to see pictures from Turkey and next week of Honduras which is where Geoff and Lindsey are headed for a couple of weeks.  Geoff and I have a golf date on the long weekend in May!  Kelli has an exam to write next month.....and we have a graduation to attend in June!

2 comments:

  1. That sucks Leslie - I'm so sorry to hear that news, I've been lurking on your blog all day waiting for your update! I'm sure you know that everyone is behind you 100% - no one will ever give up supporting your fight as long as you are fighting with everything you've got and since you are definitely the feistiest, most determined and positive person I'm sure any of us know, I know you will be fighting hard for a long time!!!! Hugs, hugs and more hugs to you and Bill, Kelly, Geoff . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Leslie. You are an inspiration to all of us. I'm so sorry to hear this news, but I'm glad to know that you are not giving up hope: it lights up the world. We love you guys.

    - Jessie, Jon and the Harvey's

    ReplyDelete