Saturday 6 April 2013

What a grey, dismal day out there!  Didn't even want to get out of bed this morning.  Finally pulled myself out and headed to the basement for my weight workout which was a little challenging this morning.  I don't know what it is about sunshine but it seems to really perk me up!

I took Boomer out for his morning jaunt.  He loves the cool weather and was frolicing along enjoying himself.  We just do a short walk out to the point from our house and back in the morning.  We got to the point and the walking path was so slippery I decided to turn back a little early.  Boomer panics when he thinks he has been left behind and he didn't see me turn around.  I was standing waiting for him when he came barreling around the corner and wiped out, landing on his side and doing the full sideways slide.  My first reaction was to laugh but then I realized he might have hurt himself.  He got up and actually gave me a look that I could swear said "What are you gawking at!" Poor guy! If a dog could look embarrassed, he was it!

We decided today might be a good day for a little retail therapy.  Bill wanted a new computer chair.  He thinks the sore muscle in his butt is because of his chair.  I think it's because he's sitting too long on the chair!  Anyways....he bought a new chair and has thirty days to see if the chair alleviates the pain in the A@#.  We also went out to Chinook to check out the Pottery Barn.  I have been looking for an end table and a sofa table for my living room with no luck and my neighbour suggested we have a look there.  Nothing... but we did walk by Victoria's Secret so I decided to whip in and pick up a couple of things.  When I came out with the bag Bill commented that I had probably spent a fortune in there.  I told him that's why they call it Victoria's Secret.  Girls don't tell their guys how much it cost!

From there we headed to the Olympic Arenas to watch Geoffs' hockey team play.  The games are always pretty high scoring and I enjoy watching him play almost as much as when he was a little guy.  The only real difference is I am much quieter now than I used to be and I only take the cow bell for playoffs!!.  The score today was 10-9 and the B Shift Bullies were not on the winning side of this score!  As we drove away I sent him a text commenting on his lack of goals today.  This is how the conversation went:
(Geoff)  Thanks for coming!!!  I tried....just didn't happend for me today....Not used to playing D...Last game I got 4 goals.
(Me)  I'm just teasing u.  Enjoyed the game!
(Geoff)Good to see you there
(Me)Your goalie couldn't stop a beach ball today!
(Geoff)I showed him that....ha ha ha  we have been giving him the gears about his performance!
(Me)  You're joking, right???
(Geoff) Nope, don't worry he laughed!
(Me) You're a jerk!
(Geoff) Ha ha...I have no filter....Just like my mom  lol  It's OK...he has a good sense of humour!

I could kill him!!!  Have you ever heard the expression "Now I understand why some animals eat their young!"  Well....even when they are grown up you have this urge!

The Honey Badgers continue to forge along.  I have reset my fundraising goal to $5000!  I am really hoping I will be able to reach it.  There was some satisfaction in knowing that I had reached my goal but I have been encouraged to be a little more ambitious.  At the moment I am the top Honey Badger for donations thanks to the generosity of many friends and family.  I even have one donation from a man I only met once.  He and I shared a space one day for our chemo treatments.  When you sit with someone for 3 plus hours you tend to have some interesting and revealing discussions.  I confessed to him that I was thinking about doing the Ride To Conquer Cancer.  He told me he thought was an awesome idea and if I did he would give me a donation!  He gave me his phone number and I promised I would get in touch with him if I decided to commit.  Well...he was true to his word and is actually one of my biggest contributors!  He is planning to drive his vehicle as a support for a friend and I am hoping I will spot him along the route.   Although I am doing really good with my fundraising I have this uneasy feeling that Jeff White is going to kick my butt!  He has been really doing well with his fundraising and in a very short period of time!!!  There I go...my competitive nature is kicking in but honestly I can't help myself and it is for a good cause!  So if you don't want to see me lose to Jeff, please help me out!  I promise I'll peddle my little heart out on June 22 and 23!

Some pics of last years event!  Just to inspire you to join the team!
It was a wet camp at Chain Lakes!

Trevor and Gary Gray at the end!
I was so proud of all my family and the team!  
Duane and Danielle Sharman.  I actually taught Danielle and her brothers when they were in elementary school!
Me with Lindsey and Geoff
Some of the team at the end of day 1.  

Gosh they're ugly!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment