Friday 12 April 2013

Thanks to my Godmother, Aunt Marian for sending this to me this morning!  I like the message,however she also sent me the one below and it is the one that made me laugh!
Bill didn't think this was funny but I thought it was hilarious!
The day certainly started a little slow.  I had many emails that I wanted to respond to and a few phone calls to make and it is amazing how quickly the time can fly by.

I finally decided I needed to head up to the club to log some time on the bike.  I have managed to catch a bit of a cold.  Everyone around me has had colds these past weeks and I was so pleased with myself to have avoided it.  Guess I was prematurally pleased!  Funny,  16 months of surgeries, chemo and radiation and I haven't had a single bug.  For the first time I am not on any chemo, am not recovering from any surgeries and bang....I get a cold!  Maybe I could market some of my chemo pills as cold preventatives...better than Cold FX!!!  I did put my time in on the bike but didn't push it much and had a good session in the steam room trying to clear my nose and throat.

Got some pictures from Kelli in Turkey.  Amazing place!  They are really having to do it on the fly as they only have twelve days there but they are packing lots into their twelve days!  I am here at home living vicariously through her emails and pictures and loving it!  Tomorrow Geoff and Lindsey leave for Honduras for a diving, beach holiday so I'll get a whole new set of pics from them.  If I know Geoff there will be shots of sharks circling around while he squats on the ocean floor with a huge smile on his face and a thumbs up!



Had a nice visit with Colleen Jurgens, her adorable baby, Olivia and Edie Kovacs today.  I worked with these girls at Ranchlands and always enjoy their company.  Edie has such a great sence of humour and can always make me laugh.  Today I was commenting on my voice and she looked at me and said...."What do you mean a problem with your voice?  It sounds just fine!  A little quieter than before.....and that's a good thing!!!"  Colleens, Olivia is one of the cutest and most content baby girls I have ever seen and I'm not just saying that.  We must have visited for a good two hours.  Olivia was awake the entire time and not a peep out of her....just smile after smile!

Update on the Honey Badgers.....The team has now raised about $48,000.  There are twenty six who have not met their $2500 commitment yet.  If each of these 26 raises the minimum $2500 the team will raise about $90,000.  Geoff set our goal at $100,000 so we are hoping that some will exceed the minimum and help us achieve this goal.  Thanks to the many who have purchased or have indicated they will attend the function at Schanks on May 25.  I am so excited to see all of you!  I do my best to stay in touch but think it will be so fun to have you all at this event celebrating and supporting the Honey Badgers.


No comments:

Post a Comment