Friday 19 April 2013

See the beauty in every day. That has been my motto over the past year and probably even before I got sick.  Appreciate what you have and give thanks for all that is good in your life.   Difficult when you watch the TV and listen to the news about the horrible events that occurred in Boston!  One wonders "why?" But we wonder that why with rational minds.  No person who commits such a crime against humanity has a rational mind.  They do not think like we do.  They do not value life as we do.  My heart goes out to both those injured or killed and to their families.  It is hard to even imagine the grief these people must be experiencing.  As I drove home from the lake today I was reflecting on humanity.  Personally, I have only experienced the good in people over this past year and continue to be overwhelmed by the generous spirits of so many people who I am fortunate to have in my life.  It is so sad to know that this spirit of generosity is not universal....that there are evil people in this world who have no compassion or care for human life.

I arrived home around two today!  I was hoping to drop in some friends who were scrapbooking in Canmore.....but the timing didn't work as we are going to the hockey game tonight.  Kelli has been busy trying to set things up for me for the trials.  She had a teleconference with my doctor today and he has referred me to both Vancouver and Edmonton.  We are also waiting to hear from Boston.  My tumour arrives there Monday and they will test the genetic markers and then make their recommendations.  My doctor is really going to bat for me and is working hard.  Believe it or not....I'm a success to him and he's doing his best to find the best fit for me on this next step!  I really appreciate all he has done for me and know I must sit down and write him a letter.

So despite the events in Boston I will continue to look for the good and beauty in every day!  I must!
Here is todays vision of beauty......Verdent Creek near Vermillion Crossing!  I simply had to stop and take a picture today!



No comments:

Post a Comment