Tuesday 2 April 2013

Trevi Fountain inside Ceasers Palace....who needs to go to Rome?


Who needs to go to France!??  Eiffel Tower
Flower Gardens and Butterfly conservatory inside the Belagio.  These Ladybugs are actually real carnations!
Another full day yesterday….. It was over 30 degrees  so we spent a couple of hours by the pool before heading off to one of the outlet malls.  Our luck with transit hasn’t been that great.  With yesterday being Easter, busses were running less frequently.  We checked our bus schedule and discovered we had about three minutes to get to our stop before the bus was scheduled to arrive.   We hustled across the street and waited for a few minutes before deciding we had probably missed it.  Kelli is not very patient about waiting for the bus, I must say.  There was a cab parked in front of the place we are staying so we wandered back and arranged for him to take us to the transfer location where we would catch the next bus.  As we pulled out of our driveway, the bus pulled up .... Oh man....there we were following our bus, all the way to where we were going watching the fare tick away.  When we got to the transfer station we discovered bus passes more  expensive here than if we’d bought them outside our hotel.  As we were standing there,  a man came along and gave me his pass as he was finished with it for the day.  Nice gesture that actually evened things out a little. It was a long bus ride to the mall as it is at the far end of the strip but we got a good view of the entire strip along the way.   Spent a couple of hours there and as usual I outshopped Kelli.  She is much fussier than I.  Once finished with our rounds of the mall we headed to the Old Vegas section called the Freemont Experience.  Lots of street performers some good, some a little scuzzy, some bad, but lots to look at that’s for sure.  The street is covered with a canopy and every hour after dark there is a show on the canopy.  It was quite something.  We had supper,, wandered a little more and then decided to call it a night.  No gambling yesterday but we have been studying up on the internet and have a plan for today!  Apparently your odds are best at black jack and you stand to lose less so we will try that one today.  We also are going to se Terry Fater, the ventriloquist tonight so have another full day ahead.

I continue to stick with my morning workouts although this morning was a tough one.  I think there is a whole new crop of vacationers here today and the little fitness room was busting at the seams this morning.  It wouldn’t have been so bad had not one of them obviously eaten something very garlicy last night.  Man…there is nothing worse than exercising close to someone who is sweating out their last spicey meal!.  GAG!!!  As I was riding the bike I was thinking of Maureen doing her training in Maui.  I had to put a positive spin on my situation so decided at least when I had had enough I could just get off the bike and go back to my room for a shower.  She has to cycle back to her place!  That, I must confess is a pretty poor reason to prefer a stationary bike in a smelly weight room but it was the best I could come up with!  Honestly…I’d rather be cycling in Maui!

No comments:

Post a Comment