Thursday 18 April 2013

Day 2 on the golf course.....oops....yesterday must have been a fluke!  Todays game not nearly as good for me....but much better for Dad!  Early season jitters I guess.  It really didn't matter.  It was a lovely day to be out on the course and again, although there were a few more golfers out today, it was still pretty darn quiet!  I stopped in to thank LeeAnn in the proshop for the golf courses donation to the Honey Badgers Silent Auction.  They have donated two nights accomodation at Riverside along with tee times!  That's a pretty nice donation!  I hope someone will enjoy it!  Come and play my course!  If you want....I'll play with you!

We are now home, have had a walk and I just gave Dad a cooking lesson on how to make brownies.  The whole house smells like chocolate right now!

Speaking of chocolate, my friend Kathy adopted a three year old chocolate lab last night.  His name is George and it sounds as if she and her daughter are totally smitten!!!  Funny how these guys can worm their way into your heart very quickly!  I'm looking forward to meeting him!

Tomorrow I'm heading home.  It sounds like the weather is turning for the weekend!  Back to ugly but more good weather in the forecast next week so may head out this way in the next bit and will bring Bill with me!  We are going to the hockey game tomorrow night.  I watched the game last night and honestly, I think the Flames have done the right thing going with some younger players.  We may not be contenders this year but maybe, just maybe next year will be different!

It's been a good few days at the lake.  Fresh air, a little exercise and good company!  A good break!  Still waiting to hear about the trial options and must confess I'm anxious to move forward on this one.  Waiting can never be a good thing when you are in this position and patience is a tough thing to practice!  "Let's get ready to Rumble!".....is how I'm feeling at the moment!


1 comment: