Thursday 11 April 2013

First of all a big thank you to the many who sent me messages yesterday and today.  I know we are all disappointed at my results but as my friend Jeff said today....."We're not done yet!" I will confess to all of you here and now that I was feeling pretty down in the dumps yesterday but after allowing myself a doozie of a pity party I decided today to get up with the attitude I have done my best to adopt over this past year.  My friend Judy reminded me this morning that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it!  So this morning I looked at the day with fresh eyes.  "Life's to short to start your day with broken pieces of yesterday.  It will definitely destroy your wonderful day today and ruin your great tomorrow."  So off I went for coffee with my friend Kim and we had a real good gab!  From there I headed to the club for my hot yoga class.  It was simply lovely to be in the hot zen room today!  Had a real good sweat and then hit the steam room for a bit before heading home.

The robins are back if you haven't yet seen them.  I've seen scores of them in our ravine this past couple of days!  There are three things that really signify spring for me.....pussy willows, robins and crocuses!  So far I've seen two of the three but am still waiting to see my first crocus of the season!

Sounds like Turkey is an interesting place, although Kelli has not yet posted many pictures.  Everyone I have talked to that has been there has loved it so I look forward to hearing about their adventure.

Bill spent the day rounding up my medical records and scan discs to send to Boston.  Apparently my tumour is supposed to be sent today and I should be hearing from them soon about whether or not they think they have a protocol that will work.  The good news was that he said that our insurance plan and Alberta Blue Cross will cover some of the expense as long as I can get a note from my doctor saying that that treatment is not available here and he is recommending it.  That should not be a problem as he suggested yesterday that he would like me to pursue the drug trial option.  

So, my friends.....your tears, your fears, your pep talks, are all appreciated.  Yesterdays blog was the most difficult one I have written in quite some time.   I almost didn't but I knew that there would be people anxiously awaiting the results and I knew it was not fair to not share this when you have all been so supportive over this past year.  I am glad it is out in the open although I must tell you that I had two encounters yesterday,  after my oncologist appointment that just left me shaking my head.  The first was at Friends where we went for lunch with my brother.  I ran into a fellow who I knew from years ago and now see occasionally in the off leash park.  He was having his lunch and I stopped at his table on the way out to chat.  He has no idea what I've been through and after a few minutes of small talk he looked at me and said "Well you sure look great!"  If he only knew.  From there I went to visit my dentist and got the same comments from the receptionist and my dentist.  After getting my teeth cleaned and checked my dentist did a thorough check of my mouth and tongue for oral cancer!  Like I needed that yesterday!  Wouldn't that have been the icing on the cake if he'd found something. Fortunately, not.

So Carpe diem!!!  Seize the Day......To get an opportunity to do something you want and not worry about the future, seize the day.  You may never get the chance to embark on such an adventure again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog today Leslie and inspiring as always!! Judy is right and you already know that and live it EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete