Tuesday 26 February 2013

Greetings from Kimberly where we are visiting our friends the Grays. They have a weekend planned with all their kids and grandsons but have booked a place on the hill for the week so we are here to ski with them before the family arrive on Thursday.  Kimberly is the first place I ever skied. We have been here many times over the years and have never had a bad day. Today lived up to my memories of this lovely ski resort. We had blue,blue skies and decent snow. We had more skiing than you can imagine starting shortly after 9 am and skiing through to 3 pm. I had a pretty good wipeout on my last run of the day, another slider much like the one I had at Lake Louise last week.  My slings not bad but I'm not as strong in the legs or the core which is why I think I'm taking way more falls than I used to. Tomorrow we have decided to drive to Fernie and ski there as we think the snow may be better and Gary and Jenifer would like a day there before the kids arrive.  From fernie Bill and I head home as I have chemo  on Thursday. As great getaway before I get my next treatment. It used to be I'd treat myself to something after chemo.....now I'm doing it both before and after !

Talked to Geoff tonight. I guess they had an "epic" day of helicopter skiing. 6000 vertical feet in 50 cm of soft powder. He was on top of the world!  What a great way to celebrate your 30th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment