Sunday 17 February 2013

I am soooo stiff today!  Not sure if it was the ripped workout I did yesterday morning with all the squats or the 1 km jog but my thighs have been on fire all day long!  Feels kind of good!  Haven't had that post exercise feeling for a long time.  I'm thinking that skiing is going to finish me off!  My brother called and left a message tonight that the snow was falling in the Castle!  We were there last year and they had had a tremendous dump.  Bill was in seventh heaven....best day skiing he'd had in years.  I on the other hand spent most of the day in various contorted states....on my back, on my side, on my stomach.....ON THE GROUND!  I was totally bagged by the end of the day.  I like some powder for sure but when it starts getting deeper than knee deep I start having problems.  Some of it might be equipment related, some of it technique......but the reality is I'm not very good at powder skiing.  Kelli just bought new fat skis and she says they make the world of difference but I really can't justify a new pair of skis for one or two days of powder skiing a year.  I'm not like Geoff who has multiple skis for varying snow conditions.

Spent the day at home today.  One of my New Years resolutions was to try a new recipe every week.  Today I decided I would tackle Canneloni from The Best of Bridge.  OMG!!!  Talk about biting off more than you can chew.  I swear it took me 3-4 hours to make this recipe.  It is the most involved recipe I have ever tackled!  I thought it was new but about half way through it I had this distant memory of making it many, many years ago and saying at that time "Never again!"  I am sure it is going to be delicious (I froze it) but it is definitely going down as one of those things I will never tackle again.  No recipe, no matter how good should be this much work.  I am even going to put a big x on the recipe page just in case I forget!!!

Had Kelli, Lindsey and Dad for dinner.  Mike and Geoff both working tonight.  Geoff is busy paying back shifts he owed for when they went on their trip to see the Seven Wonders.  6 days in a row of 12 hour shifts is a little brutal!  I'm sure he's going to be pooped by the end of this tour but I guess that's the price you pay for two months off to travel the world!  I'm sure he'd do it again in a blink!

Hope everyone enjoys a Happy Family Day tomorrow!  Give the one's you love an extra big hug and don't forget to tell them how much you love them!  Family is everything!  Embrace the day!









No comments:

Post a Comment