Thursday 21 February 2013

A good day today! Recovered from my day of skiing and ready to roll!   Did a few little errands this morning and then headed to the Winter Club to take my first hot yoga class since I was diagnosed.  With the club expansion a Zen room was added and hot yoga classes are now offered.  Kelli and I always used to go down to the Bodhi Tree on 14th street and we really enjoyed one of the instructors there.  This instructor is no longer there so I decided I would give the Winter Club a shot.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The instructor was good, there were only ten people in the class and the studio is awesome.  Within the room there are varying temperatures so if you like it cooler or hotter you choose your spot accordingly.  As with most yoga classes, when I have a new instructor, they zero in on me immediately and try to adjust my poses.  After two or three attempts they usually give up, realizing that I am hopelessly inflexible!  It's not that I'm doing the pose wrong....it's that my body just won't stretch that way.  I liked the instructor today.....her philosophy..."It's a practice, not a perfect!"   For me, it will always be 'a practice'!!

Finished up at the club and came home and collected Boomer and headed over to Nose Hill for our loop of the park!

Kelli had to work on Unit 61 at the Foothills today with the Pain Control Team.  She said she was having serious flashbacks (Unit 61 was where I spent three weeks after my first surgery).  It is not a nice place and frankly none of us have great memories of my time there.  Her preceptor did not know about me and as they were doing rounds they went into a patients room.  The doctor said to Kelli...."This is an esophajectomy.....do you know what that is?"  "Yes," Kelli answered
"It's a really bad surgery" the doctor responded.  Hmmmmm.......No kidding!
I NEVER EVER want to go back to Unit 61!!!!  I know several people who spent time on this unit and I would venture to say, all have the same thought on this as I!  It is terrific incentive to get better!!!  But then again....that has been the plan all along!






No comments:

Post a Comment