Sunday 24 February 2013

Great fun at the Flames game last night.  Always more fun when they win, that's for sure!  Just about killed Bill that Stajan scored 2 goals.  There are about four players he constantly berates, Stajan being one of them!  I wore my jersey for the first time this year!  May have to become more of a fan and wear it faithfully on game nights!

Today has been pretty much a stay home day except for my trip to Costco this morning to see if they had lift tickets for Kimberly.  Lift tickets for just about every other ski resort around but not Kimberly, however, I still managed to drop a hundred bucks while there!  That place is bad for me.  Just can't seem to exit without purchasing things I never planned to buy until I arrived.  I'm thinking I may need some serious intervention when it comes to Costco shopping!

I thought about going for a workout today but that's as far as it got.  Just felt like hanging out at home today.  Geoff and Lindsey brought me back some Mud Powder from the Dead Sea.  You really need to be home alone before trying these concoctions and Bill was out so I thought why not???  Here were the instructions:  Add proper amount (????) in a plastic container then wet the powder to dough it to be used later as a face or a body mask.  Keep on face for 15 minutes till drying then clean by warm water.  Benefits:  Removing the skin curl.  Whitening the skin.  Solving skin and body problems.  Relaxing nerves and muscles.
Contents:  Dried Dead Sea Mud, oils, salts, herbs perfumes
Made in Jordan

I really should have taken a picture of myself.  What women do to themselves!!!!!
Here I am walking around the house with conditioner on my hair and mud on my face.  If Bill had come home he would have probably died of a heart attack I looked so scary!  Having said that when I did wash my face it really did feel pretty good so maybe there's something to it.  Not sure it solved my "body problems" or relaxed my muscles but who knows!  Worth a try, that's for sure!

Spent the day getting my ski gear together and packing some food things to take.  Hoping we get some "spring ski" conditions.  My fondest memories of Kimberly are spring skiing.  It is just spectacular for that.  Years ago we had a neighbourhood group of about 6-8 families.  Every year we would plan a family ski trip, rent houses on the hill and ski for a couple of days.   We went to Kimberly a couple of times, Whitefish, and Fernie.  I know we all have some very special memories of those trips!  When we first moved here there was a real sense of camaraderie in our neighbourhood.  We had block parties, socialized together and developed some lasting friendships.  Sadly over time people have moved away and the neighbourhood is not what it used to be.  Part of that is that our kids are grown up now and I believe it was often the kids that got the parents involved together.  Still, that is the joy of a young, vibrant neighbourhood.  I see the same camaraderie in the Ranchlands group of parents.  I smile every time I read a message telling of their get togethers as they remind me so much of the fun we had with our neighbours and friends over the years.

We are off to Geoff's birthday supper tonight.  Lindsey has invited both families over and we are all very excited about the birthday gift we have put together for him with Lindsey's help.  I can't talk about it until tomorrow as there is a possibility he may read the blog and I would hate to spoil the surprise.  He knows somethings up but has no idea what we've got planned.  It's awesome!

Just waiting for my friend Kathy to swing by and pick up Boomer.  He knows something is up as he has watched me pack his bed, his food, his bowl and his leash!  By now he knows the routine.  He's going to camp!!!  This is not Kim and Greg but just about as good.  Kath will be taking him out to her place at Gull Lake and although I'm not certain, I'm pretty sure the house rules are a little different.  I have a sneaking suspicion he actually sleeps with Kathy's daughter....in the bed!  The good news is he doesn't come home expecting that here.  We don't even have him upstairs in the bedrooms.  Nice that he's so versatile and flexible to his surroundings.  Today I tried to track down his breeder as I have had several people asking me where I got him.  Pulled out his registration papers and just roared.  I had forgotten his registered name.  " NSync Trail Boomer"  son of Trail Blazin' Bella and Rickways Nsync with Cheadle.  My goodness .....  sounds so snooty!  To us he's just good ol' Boomer!!!

Thanks to all who have sponsored my Honey Badgers.  They are slowly picking up speed with their fund raising but it is no easy task to raise the $2500 each rider has to raise in order to participate in the ride.  This is the biggest Cancer Fundraiser in Alberta and is no small feet.  I know we all have our causes that we support and respect that this may not be yours.  Having said that though no donation is too small and anything given would be much appreciated.  If you are interested in sponsoring any of them just type in Ride to Conquer Cancer.  Click on Donate and then enter the riders name or the teams name.  You will get a tax receipt immediately.  Last week I posted Geoff's entry....today I will share Bill's.  Again, many thanks.
Leslie



AN EPIC RIDE TO CONQUER CANCER
Support My Ride to Conquer Cancer


Welcome to my Personal Page! The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Alberta Cancer Foundation is a cycling journey along the majestic Canadian Rockies, that I'm embarking on to fight cancer. It will be a challenge in a number of ways, but with my bike, my helmet, and your generosity, a real impact will be made! 
 Hi friends and family!
Obviously overcome with elation after surviving last years Ride to Conquer Cancer I and others immediately signed up to do it again this year.  With your terrific support we raised nearly $80,000.00.  It was one of the many highlights of year 2012 for Leslie and myself.  A year filled with dramatic highs and lows.
Many of you read the 'Daily Blog' and already know nearly all the intimate details of our lives, although the author tends to understate how she feels on many days.  For those that don't I will summarize 2012.  It started with aggressive radiation and chemo therapy until March, then the first major surgery, which was a real tough go.  However, Les is determined not to let cancer control her life and remarkably was able to go to Geoff's wedding (Lindsey) in early May, in Mexico.  Upon returning, more chemo over the summer and fall.  Les golfed lots during the summer, starting slowly but regaining her old competitive attitude long before the season ended.  We then did a 3 week RV trip to the Grand Canyon area, meeting friends there.  Back to Calgary in time to go the Hawaii for 3 weeks - two with Kelli and Mike and one with more friends.  Coming home for some good news - bad news!  Most of the cancer had respond totally to the chemo and was gone, except for the liver which showed significant growth.  Exceptionally Les became a candidate for another major surgery, completed exactly 1 year after first diagnosis.  A liver resection - done in Edmonton, then home in 6 days for a wonderful family Christmas.  Five weeks after that we were off to Mexico again for 2 weeks of R&R and All She Could EAT!  Back on the chemo for 3 more rounds then some more tests.  It is almost like living in two different realities!!
 Parts of 2012 were how we saw our retirement; the other parts really never crossed our minds.  However, the 'other parts' have had their benefits too.  We have strengthened family ties, renewed old friendships, appreciated current friendships much more and made new ones.  We have met and been cared for by an amazing group of health care professionals, compassionate nurses and extraordinary doctors.  We have accessed the resources of our health care system to the max.
Again I have an opportunity through the Ride and with your generous support, to give back to this system, to support further research and ongoing cancer treatment and care - To Conquer Cancer!
 Please be generous, thank you !!! :)
 Contribute to this history-making event with a donation. Funds raised in The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer will support breakthrough research, exemplary teaching, and compassionate care at the Alberta Cancer Foundation, a leader in cancer research and treatment.


Thank you in advance for your help.





No comments:

Post a Comment