Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day All!

Today was hydration day.  Had to be at the hospital by 8:45.  Bill dropped me off and went off to run some errands.  I was 45 minutes late getting in!  How can they be 45 minutes late when you are the first round of the morning?  Shake my head!

Finished up there and we headed out to Cochran to check out the Oak Shop.  I'm  looking for some coffee tables for my living room which has been a 25 year decorating project.  I criticize Bill for taking 2 years on the bathroom but fail to mention it has taken me a quarter of a century to do the living room. It just hasn't been a priority but now that it is close to done I am anxious to find just what I'm looking for.  We saw a couple of things we liked but didn't buy anything.  Instead headed over to Guy's Bakery for lunch.  If you've never been there you really need to go.  Great lunch spot for soup and sandwiches!
My sandwich was a little messy to eat and I managed to spread my crumbs all over the place.  There was a little Down's Syndrome gal bussing tables.  I love seeing businesses give these people an opportunity to work making them feel productive.  When she came by our table to see if we were done, I apologized for the mess Bill had made (not).  She smiled sweetly at him, patted him on the head and told him not to worry....all the kids make big messes too!  She was so cute.

Tonight Kelli came by and we got our trip to Vegas organized.  She has never been there and I haven't been there since I was fifteen years old.  Neither of us are overly interested in gambling, although I'm sure we will give it a try just for fun.  We have booked tickets to see Cirque du Soleil but are not too sure what else we should see.  If any of you have any suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate hearing from you.  My email address is ljsherlock@hotmail.com
I had to chuckle when we were booking the tickets.  Of course we were looking for the best possible deal.  Kelli has to fly back to Vancouver and we were able to find a flight that goes Vegas to Vancouver then on to Calgary so we can fly home together.  Kelli booked my ticket first.  I asked her if it cost us the same and she smiled and said her's was actually less.  She then went to book her ticket and in the few short minutes that she had booked mine he price had gone up!  Ha!!!  That will teach her to gloat!!!

Tomorrow is The Medical Student's Head Shave Event.  Kelli and I are the guest speakers.  Gulp!  I must confess I am a tad nervous.  Just hoping the voice will hold out.  It tends to get quite squeaky when I get stressed or try to speak loudly.  On the plus side, if I go into Cardiac arrest I will be surrounded by medical personnel!

Before I sign off for tonight I want to thank all who have contributed to the Honey Badgers Ride to Conquer Cancer.  It means a lot to have your support.  Remember...the team is still recruiting so if you want to take the challenge we'd LOVE to have you!  The more the merrier!






1 comment: