Saturday 23 February 2013

Up and at it for a basement workout today.  Think I'm going to be stiff again tomorrow but I do think I'm starting to see some positive results from the weights and other things I've been doing.  Actually seem to be getting a little tone back in my body.  Now if I could just gain a few pounds!  I just watched a very inspirational video about a young guy named Mike Maldonado who attributes his cancer recovery in part to his dedication to exercise and fitness.  I can't seem to post videos on this blog but it is posted on my Facebook page or you can go to Youtube and google his name to find it.  There are quite a few unrelated Mike Maldonados that come up but look for the image below.  It's worth a watch, especially if you are a fitness nut!
After my workout I tackled apple pies for Geoff's birthday supper tomorrow night.  I have very strange kids.  They are not cake fans and given a choice will choose to have pie for their birthdays instead.  For Kelli it's pumpkin pie and for Geoff apple pie!  Of course halfway through the pie prep I discovered I did not have enough apples so off to the Super Store to get some more.  As I jumped out of the car I realized I was still in my workout attire and had not even combed my hair.  Praying like crazy I wouldn't see anyone I knew....phew... managed to get in and out without being spotted.  Now that's true love....going to Super Store for apples on a Saturday morning!  I sure hope my #1 child appreciates the effort that went into this!  I can hardly believe my first born is turning 30 on Monday!  Honestly, I cannot believe how fast those thirty years flew by!  I plan to do a little tribute to Geoff either tomorrow or on Monday his actual birthday.  As most of you can imagine, he's a little worried about what might come out!  Absolutely nothing that's not true would be my answer!  

I have always loved doing little movies for people on my staff at school when they left or retired and we always had a riot doing them.  One of the funniest stories around these videos was one we did for one of our principals who was retiring.  We put together a series of little stories on a video to show at his retirement party.  Several of us always used to go to Wendy's for lunch every Friday.  We titled this section of the video....."How the staff get through Friday afternoons. " We took a vodka bottle to Wendy's full of water.  We all purchased our lunch then sat down and proceeded to pour the vodka into our glasses then we toasted Ian and just acted silly.    We were videoing this but didn't consider that some of the other customers were a little taken aback by our behaviour.  We certainly got some strange looks and I understand one customer actually reported us.  Later, I got to thinking that we easily could have ended up as Saturday mornings news...."Ranchlands Teachers caught drinking vodka over the lunch hour at Wendy's!"  Of course we were so busy laughing and having fun we never even considered this possibility!  It did make for a pretty entertaining and perhaps a little inappropriate clip in the video though!  

Tonight we are off to the Flames game with Gary and Jenifer.  I'm going to dig my Flames jersey out.  I haven't worn it once this year so anticipate that this added effort on my part will have to have a positive effect on the teams' performance.  Going to the game is always fun though whether they win or lose and I'm really looking forward to a fun evening!  Go flames go!!

1 comment:

  1. How well I remember that video!! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete