Wednesday 20 February 2013

Wednesday.....Tom Baker Day.  Not an eleven out of ten day!  Uneventful appointment.  Got my chemo schedule sorted out.  It's a little mixed up as I moved it to Thursday next week from Tuesday so we could go to Kimberly for a couple of days to ski.  Also frees up Tuesday, March 19 so we can go to the Bob Seeger Concert.  Next on the agenda is a scan which they are in the process of setting up "around my travelling schedule."  I think I have a reputation at the clinic as the absentee patient but I also think they like this.  I had a nurse who was filling in for my regular nurse today and she came in and said "I understand you are away a lot so could you please give us the dates you won't be here so we can work your scan around those dates?"  So, I happily obliged!  Although I don't like the PET scan much I am actually looking forward to this one.  If it's clear which we all are hoping for I will get a break from this chemo stuff!  Who knows...maybe a permanent break!  Wouldn't that be something??.....better than winning any lottery, that's for sure!

I have had a relatively quiet day.  After my appointment, Bill and I headed down to the Lazy Loaf for breakfast.  I think we probably own shares in that business we have had so many breakfasts and lunches there but it is one of our favourite places to go after appointments.  From there we picked up a few groceries and headed home.  I am not stiff today but am definitely a little tired from yesterday so was happy to just lay low around the house.  Headed up to Nose Hill this afternoon for a walk with Jenifer and the dogs.  It was much colder than we thought it was going to be but it was definitely a good way to perk myself up.  I often find I can be feeling kind of tired but if I get myself up and at it I can turn that around.  Today was that kind of a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment