Saturday 1 December 2012

White Rabbits, white rabbits!!!  Hope you all remembered.....If not here's my friend Duanes' reminder!!!


(OK....don't freak....they are coffee beans.....delicious ones actually from Hawaii!)

I woke up this morning and was lying in my bed doing what I often do in the mornings.  We have a series of pictures of adventures we have done over the years around our bedroom and I love to lie there and look at them and dream of doing more of those trips!  I was also gazing at my Terry Fox running shoes and the survivor bandanah my friend Holly gave me.......all reminders to stay on the course I have been travelling for this past year.  All of a sudden I remembered my White Rabbits!  Not too good if I had forgotten after nagging everybody else for the past couple of days.  Thanks to all who sent me messages this morning. It always makes me smile and I really do believe I am finally having a little luck slide my way!

I feel good that my scan was good.....nice to know that my cancer has responded to the treatment.  I am anxious to meet with the surgeon and hope he will agree to do the surgery and will act quickly.  I would go in tomorrow if they told me to be there.  I am worried about the narcotic pain killers.  If you remember, I had some major delirium problems with the drugs after my initial surgery.  At least my family will be watching for that this time and I will not be pushing that button every six minutes like I did last time.  Don't want to be worrying that the ward is being invaded, that the nurses are out to get me or that there are baby tigers in my room. As crazy as that sounds I really did believe those things, among others were a reality!  It gives you a little insight as to how people with mental health issues feel when reality gets distorted for them.  It is very unsettling and scary!

Today I pretty much completed my Christmas shopping.  Now all I have to do is wrap it up.  I want everything ready just in case!  If I could have my surgery soon I might even be back on my feet by Christmas.

Tomorrow I have booked Boomer in to the groomers to have a bath, get his ears cleaned and his nails cut.  He is going to HATE it!!  Usually I take him to the dollar dog wash but it's just too darn cold right now and I'm going to let someone else wrestle with him.  For a dog who loves to swim in water it is quite the sight to see him having a bath.  Pure, unadulterated misery!  Then there's the nail clipping.....the quivering and reproachful looks he gives..... like this is the most painful thing in the world.  He is a total pansy!  But he is going to be a clean, sweet smelling pansy for Christmas whether he likes it or not!!!  So hoping the upcoming month is going to be filled with luck and good fortune!!!  I'm counting on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment