Sunday 30 December 2012

One more day in 2012!  I look back on the year and just shake my head.  In some ways it seemed to last forever, in others I can't believe a year has passed by.  I'm usually not one to have a lot of resolutions when welcoming the New Year but this year I will have a few things on my list.  For me the upcoming year will be a year to focus on regaining my health and vigour.  It will be a year to give thanks to all the wonderful people who have supported me over the past year.  What will that look like?  I have no idea!  It is a little overwhelming when I consider how many people are on my list but it will be my challenge to take advantage of each and every opportunity to acknowledge the wonderful things that have been done for me.  I want to take on at least one project and think I would like to investigate sponsoring a child in a third world country.  It is something I have thought about for a long time and 2013 will be the time for me to take action.  I want to spend time with my family and we are all looking to go to Africa next September to do a couple of Safaris and visit the gorillas in Uganda!  Bill and Kelli were there a few years back to climb Kilimanjaro and I have kicked myself for not going with them at the time.  Missing that trip was definitely the catalyst that prompted me to go to Nepal with Bill and Geoff and Lindsey a couple of years ago.  It meant I had to take a leave of absence from my job and I know there were a few parents at the school who were annoyed with me for that.  It is, however, something I am so glad I did.  If you love to travel you really should consider visiting countries such as Nepal.  It gives you such a great perspective on how well we live in Canada and makes you truly appreciate what we have.  I always love a trip to Hawaii or Mexico to relax and recharge but my true love is to travel to places that give you a totally different experience in terms of culture.  These trips are never relaxing but to me they are life altering and in a good way.

I just finished reading this month's edition of Chatelaine and loved the initiative they are promoting called the "Kind Cycle".  If you sign up to be a "kind agent" you commit to doing five random acts of kindness. The best part is when you join the kindness revolution at kindcycle.com the Lise Watier Foundation automatically donates $100 to the Canadian Women's Foundation in your name.  This money will be used to provide job workshops, shelter and leadership training to women who need a leg up.  It costs absolutely nothing!  Just five random acts of Kindness!  I think it's a fabulous project! Any takers out there???

So a second reminder!  Tomorrow is New Years Eve.  Have a blast!  And remember when the clock strikes 12 it's not "Happy New Year!"  It's "White Rabbits....Happy New Year!"  This one's going to be a tough one to remember I'm sure!  Your friends will all think you're nuts!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment