Sunday 9 December 2012

Last night we hit the bowling alley to celebrate my friend Maureens' birthday.  Great fun but I have lost my touch!  I seriously think she has been sneaking up there and practicing before inviting everyone to her "bowling party."  She cleaned our clocks!!!  What a great way to spend an evening though followed by supper out.  We wanted to try out the new Keg in Crowfoot but there was a two hour wait so went next door to Tony Romas.  Great supper and great company!  Thanks Maureen, Duane, Mark and Danielle!  Had a blast!

Today was a domestic day beyond belief.  Kelli asked me to give her some cooking lessons and wanted to make up some meals she could put in her freezer.  I think she's getting just a little tired of chicken fingers and salmon burgers.   So we tackled lasagne and burritos!  We made 10 lasagnes and 10 burritos!  My kitchen definitely looked like a hurricane had hit as it always does when I get going on the cooking train.  We finished up these dishes,  as my bread maker made a loaf of seven grain bread.  Sat down and had a cup of tea and a snack then back at it.  Granola bars for Lindsey and Geoff and a batch of Jamaican Farewell (a rum based coffee add in for Christmas time.)  Definitely a treat a person who is looking at a liver resection should be indulging in!  NOT!!   We pretty much spent the entire day in the kitchen and it was a lot of fun doing it together.  Now I'm just putting my feet up for a minute before hitting the shower.  We are going to friends for supper tonight for a little pre-Christmas get together.  All round a great day!

Hoping to hear in the next couple of days when my surgery is scheduled for.  On the one hand I'm hoping for ASAP.  On the other, I wouldn't be too disappointed if I was scheduled for the week after Christmas.  I have always loved Christmas and this year would have been great as all the "kids" have Christmas off this year, something that won't often happen I'm sure when you are dealing with people who work shift work in the health care field.   In any case we will make Christmas work however it happens.  Late, early or on time.......being together is the important thing!  My family all keep telling me that the important thing is for me to get this done and get better.  That would be the best Christmas present ever!  I'm doing everything I can to make this happen!

Better hit the shower and try to do something with the chick fuzz!  Might be a good night for the wig!  Although my hair is hanging in there it will not do a thing I try to make it do!  My answer to this problem is to just not look in mirrors!  Actually quite a good solution to the problem.  Avoidance and denial!  In any case.....better get moving or we'll be late!


No comments:

Post a Comment